Swallow Acoustic Consultants/Thornton Tomasetti
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1200+ person firm with practices in the following disciplines: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on landmarks to exhibitions from the historic to the high performing while balancing multiple objectives which include form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. At our core, TALENT is the center of our business.
This role includes but is not limited to:
• Addressing challenging problems with local and international clients.
• Data collection, modeling, post-processing, analysis documentation of results.
• Conducting field measurements and inspections.
• Writing technical reports covering methodology, results and recommendations.
• Preparing proposals, marketing materials and/or technical papers.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science, advanced degrees an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in acoustic, noise and vibration control.
• Knowledge of physical acoustics, noise and vibration
• Familiarity and experience with the use of a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling software (e.g., CADNA/A, STAMSON, etc.)
• Strong understanding of Ontario regulatory requirements and guidelines (MTO, MOECC, Municipality, etc.)
• Ability to deliver quality technical work while respecting budgets and schedules.
• Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
• Ability to interpret process flow/mechanical/electrical drawings.
• Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to junior staff.
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.