GRAS Sound & Vibration
Location: West of the Rocky Mountains (within defined sales region)
How to apply: Email intro letter and resume to:
Edward M. Okorn
General Manager – North America
GRAS Sound & Vibration
2234 E. Enterprise Pkwy.
Twinsburg, OH 44087
T: 330.425-1201 | E: Ed@GRAS.US <mailto:Ed@GRAS.US> | W: www.GRAS.US <http://www.GRAS.US>
Full description of the position:
Western Regional Sales Manager
GRAS Sound & Vibration – North America
Position Title: Western Regional Sales Manager (W-RSM)
Reporting Office Location: Twinsburg/Cleveland, Ohio
Position Office Location: Home based office located West of the Rocky Mountains
Geographic Responsibility: MT, WY, CO, NM, AZ, UT, ID, WA, OR, NV, CA, AK, HI
Management of strategic account development and sales representative distribution channel in the defined region, selling measurement grade acoustic sensors and accessories in R&D, research, and manufacturing test to the following markets: Audiology/Commercial Electronics, Automotive/Transportation, and Aerospace/Defense.
As a Regional Sales Manager (RSM), your primary role is to grow the region by translating market opportunities and strategic accounts into sales activities, thereby enabling the company to increase its sales and profit. The RSM is to build vertical and horizontal relationships across strategic accounts and applications, support the Sales Representatives to close sales, within the defined geographic region. This will require the judicious and autonomous management of GRAS-NA resources, sales representatives, and factory support to achieve.
We require an individual with a hunter mentality, self-directed, and a leader who is passionate about succeeding, talented, and experienced to motivate and lead our sales efforts in the region. GRAS has accrued an industry leading reputation for the excellence of our acoustic solutions and our ability to understand and meet the specific needs of our customers and offer top-line customer support.
Your role will be to expand the sales of our products and expertise, develop our sales partners knowledge in the region, and bring critical customer requirements back into the development and marketing processes. You will ensure that our sales partner's always have GRAS products in the forefront of their mind when doing business. You will work in concert with our sales partners to build relationships with customers.
Our products are innovative and technical. A critical part of the sales and marketing process involves communicating features and applications effectively, demonstrating our expertise, and understanding the customer's needs while interacting with our sales partners and their customers' engineering teams. Our customers possess a wide variety of applications, resources, and capabilities. Many of our customers require support and design services in implementing our technology. The successful Regional Sales Manager will work with our sales channels' and their customers to understand their products and capture their requirements.
Part of your responsibilities will to be to make presentations for customer visits, participate in one day seminars, quote preparation, CRM management and growth, and to follow through the entire sales process. The position also includes sales/marketing planning and budget responsibility.
* Education: Bachelor level min., preferably in acoustics, engineering, or business administration.
* Experience in technical sales of acoustics, sensors, or electronically complicated products.
* Experience with customers – either in a direct or indirect sales role identifying business opportunities and transforming them into sales.
* Experience in managing and motivating sales representative teams to support and expand sales.
* Hunter mentality, strategically using all available resources to meet and exceed goals.
* To know what it means to stay “top of mind” with your customers.
* The ideal candidate displays initiative, is a good influencer who takes a solutions-based customer approach.
* Team player ~ Must be connected to the business, communicates openly, shares information and knowledge, networks internally and externally, persuades rather than pushes, involves and respects colleagues.
* 3-5 years of progressive experience and proven success in a technical sales role.
* Travel as necessary, 30-60% of time, to support sales team in customer meetings.
* Must be self-motivated and driven working autonomously in a remote/home-based office.
* Fluent in all current office computer software, e.g. (MS Word, Excel, Dynamics 365, WebEx, Skype, etc.).
* Must be responsive and react quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, emails or other events in a timely and flexible fashion.
Are you ready for the challenge?
We offer you a challenging and demanding position in a well-established company facing continued large growth over the next couple of years. You are expected to contribute with your view on things, and intensive training in the GRAS products will be planned.
About Our Company
GRAS Sound & Vibration develops and manufactures a broad range of measurement grade acoustic sensors and accessories. We are innovative and work in close cooperation with our customers and partners. In the market we are known for high quality, flexibility and service. Our customers are a global company and we export to more than 40 countries through our own sales offices and distributors. GRAS is a private family-owned company.
GRAS North America is a wholly owned subsidy of Denmark-based GRAS Sound & Vibration. We are a well-lead dynamic and spirited team, rapidly growing, and on track to double sales in the Americas in the next 3 yrs. If you want to be part of a winning team selling into exciting and diverse applications, we look forward to hearing from you. Read more about GRAS at www.GRAS.us <http://www.GRAS.us>
We look forward to hearing from you
Applications should be sent to ContactUs@GRAS.us