Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE)
Location: Billerica MA
Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE) (equal opportunity employer) is an engineering consulting firm that specializes in marine and industrial noise and vibration control and is wholly owned by Glosten. We take pride in developing unique solutions to difficult problems, using advanced modeling and measurement approaches. Our engineers perform predictions and assessments in the office, travel throughout the United States and abroad to perform compliance and diagnostic testing on ships.
NCE is looking for an entry-level, eager and talented candidate to perform finite element analyses of marine structures as well as other acoustical and vibration design assessments and field measurements. In this position, your primary responsibilities will be to create finite element models of ship structures and use them to perform predictions of structural vibration response to specific and unique machinery and propulsion sources. You will have the opportunity to perform vibration surveys while at sea and dockside for compliance and diagnostic purposes and perform specialized dynamic structural testing such as modal testing, operational deflection characterizations, and modal extraction from operational data.
The position will also require acoustic modeling and analysis to assess and identify noise problems and solutions. You will be required to write reports, interact with clients, and write proposals that are clear, succinct, and effective.
NCE encourages unique solutions to tough problems, identification of new approaches to data collection & processing, and forward thinking
The ideal candidate will have following:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with coursework in vibrations and/or acoustics.
- 0-3 years of working experience, preferably with exposure to finite element analysis, vibration analysis, vibration testing, and/or marine structures.
- A fundamental understanding of structural vibration in land-based or marine environments. (Many marine-specific aspects of the work will be taught on the job.)
- Demonstrated interest and experience with structural vibrations and/or acoustics.
- Experience with finite element analysis, vibration measurements, modal testing, and related topics is advantageous.
- Experience or expertise with MATLAB, Python, and/or other computational modeling tools or computer languages is a plus.
- Proficiency with Word & Excel.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Travel is required throughout the United States and sometimes abroad, and may require a valid driver’s license, current passport, and/or TWIC card.
NCE offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and transcripts (both official and unofficial will be accepted) to our applicant center for review.
Please visit our website www.noise-control.com to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at NCE.
NCE is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NCE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.