The Boeing Company
Location: Tukwila, Washington
Job ID 00000320651 Date posted 05/26/2022 Location Tukwila, Washington Company
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Entry Level Test & Evaluation Engineer – Noise Testing to join our team in Tukwila, WA. This role will support laboratory and flight testing of all Boeing programs including Boeing Commercial Aircraft (BCA) and Boeing Defense and Space (BDS).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- The candidate will plan, coordinate, conduct, and document noise tests for both laboratory and flight tests inside and outside of Boeing.
- Document standardized testing processes, procedures.
- Responsible for project management and execution for a variety of testing activities related to noise and vibration.
- Gather testing requirements with focus on technical details.
- Execute test experiments using appropriate methodologies.
- Coordinate the development of all hardware, software, test rig, test parts, processes, and test technology required for testing.
- Develop statement of work, budgets, and test plans accordingly.
- Acquire and review test data, and monitor data quality.
- Assist in detailed error analysis and assure data quality within specified requirements.
- Write and deliver test reports.
- Use test critiques to assist in the improvement of testing processes.
- Document standardized processes and procedures to ensure repeatability and productivity.
- Work locally in laboratory, fly aboard airplane on test flights, and fly remotely to outside test facilities to monitor and maintain operation of all required instrumentation.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. Boeing believes in supporting our employees with flexible work schedules, and working from home when possible. We are willing to work with you to determine a schedule that benefits you, while meeting the job and customer requirements.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working in a laboratory and/or test environment
- Experience developing models and simulations in MATLAB
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Strong software programming skills and experience of programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab, Java, C, or C++
- Experience in a Data Management role creating, processing, and delivering data
- Experience developing web-based applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical or mechanical engineering with Acoustics and Vibration related study; or an Acoustical and/or Vibration related degree
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
This position is for 1st shift.
Union Representation Statement:
This is a union-represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award