University of California
Location: Santa Barbara CA
The Department of Linguistics at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites applications for a temporary replacement lecturer or lecturers (JPF01563) to teach one or more courses, including upper-division undergraduate courses in articulatory phonetics and speech technologies and a graduate course in phonetics. Courses will be offered in the winter and spring quarters of the 2019-20 academic year.
The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and service.
• Applicants must have or expect to obtain a Master’s degree by November 1, 2019.
• At least one year of experience teaching college-level linguistics courses.
• Ability to teach courses in phonetics, as demonstrated through teaching experience, graduate training, and/or research.
• A Ph.D. in Linguistics at the time of appointment.
Review of applications will begin after 9/13/2019. The position will remain open until filled. Applications should be submitted online at: https://apptrkr.com/1581492. For information about the department, see: https://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu. Inquiries about the application process and/or the position may be sent to email@example.com . Initial screening of selected applicants will be conducted via Zoom.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover Letter
• Statement of Teaching
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity (optional): Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
Applicants should arrange to have 3 to 4 letters of reference submitted online on their behalf.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.