Location: Naperville/Chicago, Illinois or Indianapolis, Indiana
Are you Ready to Engineer Your Career? At IMEG Corp., one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., we strive to provide exciting and rewarding career opportunities to our team members. We work hard and are passionate about what we do but also love to have fun along the way. We celebrate the ability to be a firm of nearly 1800+ employees in the US and beyond who still provides a local office approach and feel to each of our employee-owners. From opportunities to get involved and give back locally through our Community Involvement Committees to the ability to partner with exciting clients, we take our jobs seriously but have a great time in the process.
As a company, we believe in investing in our team members and providing an environment for expansive growth. We put people first. We are proud to say we are a 100% employee-owned organization and take pride in our commitment to being a great place to work. We support this commitment through work-life balance, flexibility, continuous training and development opportunities, and community impact. We reward innovation, hard work, and support a culture of sustainability.
IMEG Corp. is growing, and we’d love to have you join our team! We are currently seeking a Technology Designer focusing in Acoustics in either our Naperville/Chicago, IL, or Indianapolis, IN offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• A qualified, technical understanding of music room metrics, speech clarity metrics and noise abatement metrics applied to commercial, architectural, industrial and education venues.
• Baseline experience for critical listening and comparative listening. Familiarity with music, noise and sound in education and performance venues is required.
• Ability to communicate subjective or technical parameters in a non-technical fashion to clients and in writing efforts.
• Diligent use of calibrated test and noise measurement tools. Knowledge of calibration setup and software. Includes testing for rooms, reverberation calculations, noise testing for barriers (STC) and floor assembly (IIC) using ASTM standard and methods. Also includes basic troubleshooting of mechanical system noise on sites.
• Ability to read plans, assemble CAD documents, work in PDF markups, produce redline documents and manage workflow documents in a consistent fashion.
• Write technical reports that are concise & complete, including the ability to provide Executive Summary solutions distilled or tailored for the client’s understandings.
• Understands how acoustics must integrate with performance audio & AV systems.
• Understand technology metrics for AV design. Includes software mapping and strong interest in E.A.S.E. modeling software use for coverage mapping, loudspeaker optimization, optimization of speech clarity, ability for high performance sound pressure level design in rooms and outdoors.
• Ability to perform calculations for reverberation time, mechanical noise, barrier values, and other acoustic metrics in both XL and EASE modeling.
• Ability to review and manage CAD documents and AV Technology documents according to IMEG standards, across multiple projects and multiple offices. Provide positive client relations, project design notebooks , substantiate documentation for permanent record files.
• Coordinate fast paced design schedules with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, clerical and equipment suppliers.
• Document designs, keep meeting notes, and integrate instructions from clients promptly while monitoring project design progress
• Assist with reviews of all project documents for accuracy and completeness prior to requesting a final quality check
• Ability to “work in new scope conditions” when not all information is fully developed. Assess, coach and guide both clients and partners in varying design priorities
• Be familiar with machinery vibration covered by ASHRAE Chapter 48/49 for HVAC noise control and mechanical design techniques
• Ability to learn new design techniques, new tools, and integrate and share new principles involved in production of precision technical plans and drawings
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, and CAD layout software, with interest in learning REVIT
• Ability to clearly communicate in oral and written styles to individuals or groups.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Architectural Engineering, or related engineering degree with emphasis on acoustics and noise control.
• Previous experience with acoustic design a plus. Previous experience with professional audio and AV systems is a plus.
IMEG Corp., an employee-owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through professional development programs and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
APPLY TODAY FOR THIS POSITION – IMEG Careers (myworkdaysite.com)
Want to learn more about IMEG and our other amazing career opportunities? Please visit https://www.imegcorp.com/careers/.
IMEG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.