ESI North America, Inc.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Employer: ESI North America, Inc. (subsidiary of ESI Group: www.esi-group.com)
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Overview: This position is responsible for managing the VA engineering team and product technical support, developing and conducting VA engineering service projects, and performing VA pre-sales technical support.
ITAR: Must be US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident for ITAR clearance on federal projects.
1. Manage, lead, and mentor VA engineering team in conducting:
a. Engineering application projects for customers, where VA One is used for customer applications.
b. Field Services and Training projects for paid technical support or training.
c. Innovative or Special Projects, where new modeling applications for VA one need to be developed for specific and often more challenging applications.
d. Front-line / hot-line technical support to customers.
2. Assist with business development activities by identifying and communicating services or licensing opportunities to ESI sales team.
a. Prepare and deliver technical pre-sales presentations to potential customers per business development request.
b. Create quotes / proposals for consulting services including defining technical to solve the problem
c. Perform and/or manage engineering applications projects using ESI solutions.
d. Coordinate / perform trade application training classes at ESI or customer sites, possibly including the development of training materials.
3. Attend trade shows and conferences.
a. Provide technical support to the sales and marketing team.
b. Develop, write, and present technical papers and other technical publications with respect to the vibro-acoustics application products.
4. Act as liaison to business development / technical group for reporting of quality issues, customer requests, and other technical documents and details which may be requested by the VA One team.
5. Advisor to the Product management team of opportunities for alternative or new technology products and services that can help achieve business growth goals.
6. Prepare reports and other documentation as directed and assigned by the management.
Remain current on all ESI products and become familiar with all new products and features.
1. Help attain and grow annual services revenue team goals.
2. Attain budgeted renewal rates for respective trade.
3. Assist sales team in attaining trade application licensing goals
Education and Required Experience
• B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field with 8-10 years industry experience.
• Experience with VA One or other related vibro-acoustics software.
• Experience of Finite Element Methods and related software.
• General knowledge of acoustics, Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) required.
• Experience in managing CAE, simulations projects and track record of leading project team for on-time
deliveries and customer support preferred.
• Knowledge of low, mid and high frequency CAE simulations, SEA, BEM and Raytracing techniques
• Knowledge of programming language and scripting preferred
• CAE / CAD Experience and understanding of product development cycle preferable
• Oral presentation skills
Please let us know if you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation. EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran.