Location: Costa Mesa, CA
QSC is the designer and manufacturer of not only the K Series loudspeakers — the world’s top-selling PA speaker product line — but also a growing range of install loudspeakers that are part of QSC’s Systems Solution.
The Technical Manager, Install Loudspeakers is one of the top members of the QSC loudspeaker products team. They serve as architect, designer, implementer, and tester for a wide variety of loudspeaker system products across the globe. This is a hands-on position that requires a broad range of skills and significant experience designing and building modern loudspeaker systems.
As a technical leader, the Technical Manager, Install Loudspeakers performs a wide variety of tasks including development of loudspeaker system architectures, advanced modeling and simulation, transducer specification and selection, platform investigation and prototyping, acoustic testing, and system voicing, debugging and tuning.
The Technical Manager, Install Loudspeakers is part of a tightknit, focused, product development team that includes staff from Program Management, Product Management, New Product Introduction, Supply Chain, and Sales & Marketing. The team moves quickly, and requires someone who can factor multiple different points of view, make good decisions, balance the many demands of the role, and deliver the highest-value products on schedule and within budget.
This is an ideal position for an accomplished engineer who wants to make their mark within the industry, and work with the best engineers in the business to create innovative and exciting new products heard by literally millions of people every day. If you are an engineer who cares about audio and loudspeakers as much as we do, we want to talk with you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads all architecture, design and implementation efforts for one or more install loudspeaker development projects.
- Partners with senior-most technical leaders in the Amplifier, Mechanical, Acoustic and DSP departments to create innovative new products for multiple markets
- Articulates all technical aspects of product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life with internal and external staff, suppliers, and overseas CMs.
- Integrates innovative technical solutions to best satisfy the features-set, cost, manufacturability, quality, and time to market constraints and requirements.
- Utilizes highly effective interpersonal skills to build and grow relationships with both internal team members and third party providers.
- Interfaces with all levels of management to communicate technical proposals, risks, tradeoffs, solutions, and business issues.
- Travels to China and other ODM & CM countries supporting prototype and pilot builds as required.
- A “go-getter” – an intrinsic ability to get things done and deliver results
- Focus and emphasis on teamwork to achieve results
- Multi-disciplinary design skills including electroacoustics, digital signal processing, 3D modeling, and power amplifiers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior problem solving skills: issue identification, problem structuring, analysis and developing recommendations
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside diverse suppliers and CMs.
- Good English language communication skills, both written and oral.
Education and Experience:
- B. S. degree in Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, building, and testing loudspeaker systems and related subsystems (e.g. enclosures, rigging, transducers, DSP, amplifier) for commercial or professional products and markets.
- Experience creating cost effective solutions that meet aggressive product feature, cost, quality, performance, and time to market requirements.
- Senior-level knowledge of electroacoustics. Skilled at computer-based design and simulation (e.g. 3D CAD, FEA).
- Proficiency with electroacoustics test and measurement tools (e.g. Listen SoundCheck, Klippel etc.).
- Experience working with offshore ODM and CM partners.
- Experience supporting complete product solutions – cradle to grave.
Contact Information: Recruiter: Robert Cambareri – Robert.Cambareri@qsc.com