Review of applications will begin March 5, 2021. Notification of acceptance will be sent out starting March 19, 2021. Applications will be accepted until all slots are filled.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in a 2- or 4-year institution, including community and tribal colleges.
- Applicant’s race/ethnicity should be one of the following underrepresented groups: Black/African American, Native American, Alaska Native, Hispanic or Latino/a
- Interested in acoustics.
- Approximately 30-40 hours per week from May 17, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Cohort training and most of the research and internship experiences will be conducted virtually during Summer 2021, so participants will connect remotely. Assistance with remote connection can be provided if needed.
- Participate in upcoming ASA meetings (May 8-10, Online AiF; December 2021 in Seattle; May 2022 in Denver), with travel/fees provided by the SURIEA program.
- $7500 stipend for the 12-week experience, paid out in two lump sums (in late May and late July).
- Meeting registration fees covered for Acoustics in Focus (AiF), taking place 8-10 June 2021 online.
- Up to $2500 to apply towards participation at two upcoming ASA meetings (December 2021 in Seattle; May 2022 in Denver).
- Two-week acoustic fundamentals short course.
- Ten weeks of hands-on research or internship experience, working closely with a mentor in acoustics.
- Cohort participants will meet as a group periodically throughout the 12-week program to develop and refine professional skills, practice science/technical oral and written communication, build support networks and more.