Kongsberg Discovery, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Horten, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation, and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive compensation
• Fully subsidized health care benefits, 401k plan with employer match program, tuition reimbursement
• A creative and innovative environment where individuals truly make a difference
• Working with state-of-the-art technology and products
• Personal and professional development in an international environment
• Excellent technical and personal challenges
• A team of highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
Kongsberg Underwater Technology, LLC is responsible for technical advisory, support and training on products for Underwater Mapping and Underwater Acoustic systems. Our goal is to provide the best possible support and follow up throughout the entire life cycle of the systems to our customers full satisfaction.
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Senior Field Service Engineer to join us at Kongsberg Underwater Technology, LLC in Lynnwood, Washington. As a Sr. Field Service Engineer, you will do installation and commissioning of underwater mapping and acoustic systems in vessels in shipyards around the world. You will do service and maintenance on installed systems on sailing ships as well as offer in house technical support and remote service to internal and external customers.
Our Field Service Engineers are the front line when representing KONGSBERG to our worldwide customers. If you have technical qualifications, identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative and reliable, and are highly motivated for worldwide support activities: Then you are the person we are looking for.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technical support to customers and internal staff by telephone, email and site visits
• Perform the installation, commissioning, and upgrades of Kongsberg maritime products.
• Document upgrades and changes made to customer equipment following service and installation visits.
• Update and maintain service database.
• Promote improvements, upgrades, and after sales opportunities to customers.
• Train customers on the operation of newly installed systems.
• Work with engineering on product improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical Discipline and/or minimum of three years of Field Service experience in the Marine Industry.
• Must be a US citizen that is able to be cleared at least to the Secret Level.
• Position requires extensive domestic and international travel and work aboard offshore vessels.
• Valid passport and driving license.
• Authorized to work lawfully in the US without company sponsorship.
• Up to 50% travel must be expected. Availability to travel with short notice, after hours, holidays/weekend, for long periods both locally and internationally.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including computer literacy.
• Able to handle several activities simultaneously.
• Able to work alone and with a team.
• Good customer support and people skills.
• Able to travel, often at short notice.
• Can troubleshoot systems to board level.
Expected Pay Range:
$45 – 48/hr.
Travel within US and Internationally will be required.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website to view this full job posting and complete an online application at Senior Field Service Engineer – KONGSBERG
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.