Location: Berkeley CA
Under the direction of the Director of Reliability & Test Engineering, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, manage New Product Rollout by creating and maintaining tests, monitoring the manufacturing process, and interacting with manufacturing to maintain best practices. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Define, specify, and validate production test equipment and processes.
- Conduct acoustic measurements of components, subsystems, and full assemblies and perform thorough analysis of results.
- Troubleshoot acoustic failures and recommend design changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide technical leadership, initiate cross-company collaboration and develop positive relationships with other engineering disciplines, may coordinate the activities of other personnel.
- Handling multiples projects/initiatives simultaneously and execute to completion.
- Utilize ECOs process to Develop and document acoustic system testing and best practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Acoustical Engineering, Physics, or similar field of study, Masters favored.
- 3+ Experience in an audio-related field is strongly preferred
- Detailed knowledge of acoustic theory, sound reproduction, and sound system tuning
- Familiar with anechoic chamber measurement environments.
- Intimate understanding of programming language e.g. MATLAB, Algorithm development, C, C++.
- Experience with transducer and horn modeling/simulation tools and techniques a plus.
- Proficient with development tools and laboratory test & measurement equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and technical language proficiency.
- Self-motivated, ability to perform design & development tasks with minimal oversight.
- Must pass a general and criminal background check.
Apply at the following: https://workforcenow.adp.com
Or Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org