Location: Westminster MA
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We are harnessing the power of cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people’s lives – and the world – safer and better.
Are you interested in sound detection? JCI is releasing a breakthrough product using sound detection in life safety situations to protect potential victims and first responders. We are building the team to support this product. You can be on the leading edge of this product’s development and enhancement.
You will work in our R&D facility in Westminster Mass. Located within driving distance of great beaches and mountain skiing.
What you will do
- Design, implement, software testing of both embedded and PC systems under the direction of a senior engineer
- Plan, track, and follow project lead direction
- Apply regulatory codes, design, and implement based on those codes
- Implement and support of software automated test as an integral part of software development
- Participate in special projects and assignments as directed by supervisor
- Assist with: selection and deployment of software tools, writing specifications, collection and processing of metrics, etc.
What you will need
- Bachelors degree or related engineering experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as a software engineer developing software for new products.
- Other skills should include working in both a PC and embedded environment,
- TCP/IP networking, and development of software systems in a highly regulated environment. Experience developing software in C++, C#, as well as knowledge of Linux development.
- Cyber security knowledge is a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience in audio engineering including real time capture of audio events, analysis of events through software is a plus
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.