Location: La Crosse, WI
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Senior Vibro-Acoustics Engineer will apply experimental and computational methods to develop best-in-class Commercial HVAC products designs as well as enabling technologies while addressing acoustic, structural and vibration problems with existing products. Primary focus areas include acoustic design and simulation, component (compressors & structures) and system noise, acoustic transmission and radiation, acoustic mitigation methods, structural integrity, structural dynamics, vibration simulation and testing. Work closely with various product and technology development teams, and with global engineering support center personnel around the globe.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
• Lead and carry out the advancement of the Acoustics & Mechanics Engineering function, as well as Laboratory measurements. The scope encompasses technology in both computational and experimental tools and methodologies applicable to Commercial HVAC products.
• Plan, conduct, and supervise work related to developing vibro-acoustics simulation models. The scope includes prediction of vibro-acoustics modes, transmission loss, insertion loss, radiated sound pressure/power, source identification, sound transmission, etc. using 1D models, finite element (FEA), boundary element (BEA), statistical energy analysis (SEA), and/or other methods.
• Plan, conduct, and supervise various vibro-acoustics tests, including but not limited to: acoustics measurements, structural modal analysis, steady state and transient vibration, rotating machinery, tensile test, material fatigue, collection and analysis.
• Correlating simulation or any other prediction models with test data to improve prediction accuracy and validate models.
• Develop and improve standard work and design guidelines related to, but not limited to, vibro-acoustics design, simulation, testing, and similar work.
• Work closely with product engineers to design reliable and quiet products.
• Work closely with test engineers and technicians. Responsibilities include understanding and prioritizing test requests, designing and proposing the appropriate test, discussing and supervising test implementations, assuring the validity of the data and its interpretation, and documenting the work in formal reports.
• Act as a member of the various product and technology development teams to design reliable and durable products.
• Support and successfully accomplish annual corporate objectives for individuals and teams.
• Effectively utilize personal project management techniques and utilize the available technical skills and resources necessary for success.
• Work closely and mentor other engineering resources globally.
• Some overnight travel will be required (probably less than 10%).
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) and at least 5 years of work experience in Vibration and/or Acoustics is required.
• Master's Degree or Ph. D is highly preferred.
• Formal coursework in acoustics and vibration, sound waves, vibro-acoustics interaction, structural dynamics, noise control numerical simulation methods, digital signal processing and equivalent graduate level courses is expected.
• Experience with ANSYS, Siemens SimCenter, Actran or Siemens Test.Lab is a plus.
• Experience in vibro-acoustics engineering design, technical problem solving using both simulation and tests.
• Knowledge in the design, testing, and optimization for acoustics of machinery.
• Knowledge and experience in correlating simulations models and test data are required.
• Be a strong team player.
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills required.
• Must be able to work on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
• Experience in vibro-acoustics data acquisition systems, both hardware and software, as well as mechanical strain measurement, are preferred.
• Experience in Commercial HVAC products, compressors, fans and mufflers is preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Apply for the job directly at: http://j.rfer.us/IRCIR5LbQ