Location: Canonsburg, PA
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Senior R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems for Mechanical APDL. In this role, the Senior R&D Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives.
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research in core acoustics and acoustic-structure interaction features, including acoustic finite elements and dynamic simulation procedures.
- Performs complex development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research in acoustics and the related Multiphysics.
- Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring.
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for the acoustic product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Works independently with minimal supervision and may take on some planning and mentoring responsibilities
- May be responsible for managing interns or co-ops but typically does not have direct reports
- BS in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields with 5 years’ experience, MS with 3 years’ experience, or PhD with 1 year experience
- Commercial experience with various usages of acoustic finite element or boundary element or other numerical analysis software.
- Strong scientific programming background in development & application of Finite Element Analysis techniques.
- Extensive background in areas of advanced acoustic or the related linear dynamic analysis: for example, modal superposition transient or harmonic, acoustics-structural interaction and viscous thermal acoustic.
- Proficiency in FORTRAN, C/C++, Python, Microsoft cloud environment.
- PhD and 2 or more years of commercial software development experience
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with object-oriented design, scripting languages, data structures and algorithms
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code.
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team.
- Linux experience is desirable.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Contact: Aubrey Allen Sauer, Talent Acquisition Specialist