Location: Southern California
Acentech is looking for an experienced consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group located in Southern California. We’re building a diverse and inclusive workforce; be part of our growth!
This senior-level position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. You will collaborate with some of the best acoustical consultants in the country to provide excellent guidance to our clients – architects, engineers, building owners, arts organizations, and other user groups. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project management – from proposal writing to final construction and project closeout. Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies (ASA, INCE, and others), and support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
Experience and background well suited to this position include:
- Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
- Track record of developing new business in acoustics consulting
- Consulting related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types.
- Community and environmental noise evaluation.
- Reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Skill and interest in developing business, and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech.
- Passion for their work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
Acentech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration control, audiovisual systems, telecommunications, and security system design, serving a diverse group of clients across the United States from our strategically located offices. With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer. We foster a highly collaborative environment of diverse talent, and encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, neurodivergent people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.