Location: Chicago IL
Company Overview |
Resonado Labs is an American multinational technology company that designs and licenses proprietary acoustic technologies to brands and manufacturers. The company’s initial pursuit, via its flagship product, Flat Core Speaker™ (FCS™) technology, is to develop speaker driver architecture that achieves optimal form and function, without compromise. FCS technology is a novel type of electrodynamic speaker driver engineered with a low depth structural profile and high diaphragm aspect ratio as an alternative to the conventional conical driver type to meet the rising demand for innovative, space-efficient product designs without experiencing tradeoffs in sound performance. Outside of FCS technology, Resonado Labs is developing numerous exciting technologies, currently confidential, across audio industry verticals with its Frontier R&D team. Learn more at resonado.com.
Job Description |
Resonado Labs’ Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for audio systems to join the company’s U.S. Frontier R&D engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado Labs is an ideal environment for an experienced engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Playing a foundational role in Resonado Lab’s new Frontier R&D Team as it develops acoustic technologies across software and hardware verticals
- Lead hardware system architecture for all Frontier R&D projects with emphasis on audio ICs, digital and analog microphones, class D amplifiers, transducers, arrays, and related hardware
- Driving all hardware systems research and development, including investigation, testing, prototyping, simulation, analysis, etc., for the Frontier R&D team
- Working with leading engineers and scientists from large potential customers to integrate new Resonado Labs technologies into their products
- Collaborating with the entire team to build and develop system prototypes into commercially viable products
- Creating innovative and practical solutions to the most difficult and complex problems facing audio innovation
- Becoming a leading expert on Frontier R&D technologies and developing innovations to contribute to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Working with the Resonado Labs’ human resources and operations team to build and expand the Frontier R&D team
- Defining the direction and focuses of the Frontier R&D team
- Passion for acoustics and improving how people experience sound
- Passion for creating incredible and innovative products
- 7+ years of experience in audio hardware and software system design, with demonstratable design and implementation experience relevant to potential Frontier R&D technologies
- Effective communication and presentation skills including project planning, documentation of technical requirements, and technical presentations
- Familiarity with patent writing and issuance process
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Strong electrical design knowledge, specifically in multichannel loudspeaker or microphone array system design
- Strong experience with ultrasonic transducers and array design/implementation
- Strong DSP programming skills
- Ability to design and conduct detailed acoustic measurements and calibration procedures
- Comfortable working with standard audio hardware and software
- Knowledge of audio beamforming and sound field control techniques
- Working knowledge of MATLAB or Python (numpy, scipy)
- COMSOL acoustic module experience (e.g., pressure acoustics simulation design)
- Members of our engineering team have advanced degrees in Acoustics or a similar field (mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, etc.), but if you have taken a different route to gain the required experience, that is fully acceptable
The applicant must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who is passionate about introducing large-scale innovation into the loudspeaker industry.
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
All inquiries and job applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.