Location: San Francisco, CA
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Arup is rising to modern day challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our San Francisco Acoustics team is growing and we are seeking experienced senior and leadership candidates.
You will collaborate within our dynamic regional multidisciplinary acoustics, audiovisual, and theatre team.
You are a great candidate if:
- You have experience with delivering all aspects of a project – contracts, technical, client care, financial, and team leadership
- You thoroughly explore rigorous technical backgrounds, and also take time to ensure the technical analysis are aligned project needs
- You have an eye for detail in all written, visual, and verbal communication
- You have a track record of delivering innovative acoustic solutions
- You understand the multidisciplinary nature of acoustic consulting work, and can coordinate design with design team members
- You demonstrate a robust understanding of the architectural design and construction process
- You are passionate about acoustic design and architecture, and their effects on people, cities, and health
- You thrive within a team environment, working autonomously and getting support when needed
- You communicate technical concepts clearly across many different audiences
- You are motivated to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
- You stay organized and calm under moments of high pressure, finding productive ways to prioritize and thrive
- You capably motivate, teach, and mentor junior staff through their own rewarding careers
- You contribute to overall team success through process improvement, setting standards, contributing to resourcing, and building morale
- An ideal candidate will be proficient managing multidisciplinary specialist consulting teams (acoustics, AV, lighting, IT, security)
- You are proactive but tactful in motivating to meet agreed deadlines
- You actively contribute to a building and supporting a diverse team
- Degree in acoustics or architectural engineering OR a degree in music, architecture, physics, engineering, computer science, sound reproduction, sound recording, with strong demonstrated experience in acoustics
- For senior consultant positions – 5-7+ years of relevant experience in acoustic design
- For leadership positions – 10+ experience in acoustic design and leading teams
- Strong grasp of fundamental of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, engineering acoustics, noise control, digital signal processing, electroacoustics, human responses to acoustics and vibration
- Proficiency with specialist technical equipment and software such as B&K, CATT, EASE, Odeon, Max/MSP, AutoCad, Revit, Rhino, Sketchup
- Candidates with additional experience in music, composition, electronic music, recording, 3D sound, live sound, production are particularly encouraged to apply
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Work/life balance (flexible work schedule) and a great culture
- 10% 401K match, 4 weeks of PTO, 9 paid public holidays, good healthcare coverage options
- Profit-sharing bonus paid twice a year
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Please apply via our website at https://www.arup.com/careers