ABD Engineering & Design
Grand Rapids, MI
As a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer at ABD Engineering & Design, you’ll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will design and engineer acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise. You’ll work with a team of professional engineers solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, workplace, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your cover letter and resume to Marci Boks, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
- Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
- Eight to ten years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Expertise with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
- Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
- Aware of sustainable design principles – preferably LEED AP certification.
- Proficient in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM by Pottorf, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
- Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer or INCE Board Certified is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Availability to relocate to our office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.