Newson Brown Acoustics, LLC
Culver City, CA
Newson Brown Acoustics LLC is part of the RWDI Group of Companies. RWDI is a world leader in global climate and environmental engineering consulting, with 700+ employees in over 30 offices worldwide. For the last 50 years, the company has worked on some of the most iconic and defining projects globally.
Newson Brown Acoustics LLC has been in business for over twenty-five years. Consultants at our company provide a full range of acoustical consulting services including architectural acoustics, building services noise and vibration control, community and environmental acoustics and acoustical troubleshooting. The team supports a broad range of project types including television and movie studios, radio and recording studios, corporate headquarters, courts and other civic buildings, educational facilities, healthcare, residential, resorts and hotels, laboratories, libraries, museums, performing arts spaces, screening rooms, theaters, and worship spaces.
We are hiring a Senior Acoustical Consultant with 10+ years’ experience, to join the team in our Culver City, California office.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Producing technical reports.
- Providing mentorship and technical guidance to more junior staff
- Helping to resolve challenging problems in consultation with design-oriented clients
- Communicating complex technical materials in straight-forward language
- Guiding technical communications to provide simple solutions to client needs
- Supporting a defined quality assurance process
- Reviewing and providing proposal direction
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (preferred) in acoustics
- 10+ years of experience in an acoustical consulting environment, or equivalent, and as part of design teams
- Expertise in physical acoustics and acoustical requirements for buildings
- Experience with acoustic instrumentation
- Demonstrated ability to consult with clients to find mutually agreeable solutions
- Ability to hold teams accountable to deliver quality technical work with focus on project budgets and deliverable schedules
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Passion for acoustics, building/construction, and design.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Bonus Program
- Paid Vacation Days – relevant to experience
- Paid Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays (7 statutory and 4 floaters)
- 401K Matching
- Group Benefits
- Fitness Allowance
- Learning Spending Account
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation at the following link:
Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Thank you in advance for your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.