Location: San Francisco CA
Senior Acoustic Consultant
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our San Francisco office.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Technical and design input on a broad range of projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected standard
- Prepare project reports and presentation for clients summarizing essential issues and advising on best outcomes and represent Arup at meetings
- Manage the time, quality and cost performance of projects
- Contribute to the development of plans for the longer term benefit of the team and office
- Develop others, provide guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
- Business development with new clients; extend relationships with existing essential clients
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in acoustics or related engineering/physics/architectural degree
- Knowledge and experience in acoustics/audio visual consulting
- Experience (6-10 years) in a similar consulting environment
- Proficiency with specialist technical equipment and software
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Maintain high standards
- Develop creative solutions to challenging problems
- Can develop empathy of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
- Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness and team relationships at times of significant pressure
- Proactive, but tactful, in ensuring others within the team meet deadlines (etc.)
- Ability to motivate staff at all levels
- Structured and logical thinker, with the ability to change between different levels of analysis as appropriate.
- Financially astute, good negotiator
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.