Center for Hearing at Boys Town National Research Hospital
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) is hiring for an Open-Rank Research Scientist in the Center for Hearing Research. The Center for Hearing Research is directed by Lori Leibold, Ph.D.
Scientists at Boys Town National Research Hospital are full-time researchers with no teaching and reasonable administrative and service commitments. Position is located in Omaha, Nebraska.
Our vision is to add to the integrated research program at Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH), which aims to better understand hearing and speech perception, and to promote clinical hearing research. Applicants with research focus in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply: spatial hearing, amplification, and/or auditory and speech perception across the lifespan.
- All scientists will have access to new, state-of-the art laboratory facilities, generous start-up funds, and extensive supports for grant management, IT, participant recruitment, and clinical measurement.
- Senior scientists aim for 50% salary support on external grants. There are multiple opportunities for collaboration across laboratories and involvement with BTNRH training programs. For early career scientists, extensive mentoring is available through internal programs and via a Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) grant.
Scientists at Boys Town National Research Hospital work alongside an outstanding, internationally recognized group of colleagues. In addition to clinicians and scientists in the Center for Hearing Research, collaborations are possible with faculty in the Centers for Human Neurosciences, Neuro-behavioral Research, Sensory Neuroscience Research, Audiological and Vestibular Services, and the Center for Childhood Deafness, Language, and Learning. Our intellectual community also includes colleagues at the University of Nebraska-Omaha, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Creighton University, and the Creighton University School of Medicine. Our participation in the Great Plains IDeA-Clinical & Translational Research Center provides training opportunities, partnerships, and resources for scientists who wish to translate science into better health outcomes.
- A successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Hearing Science, Engineering, Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology, Cognitive Science, Developmental Psychology, Experimental Psychology or a related field.
- A record that demonstrates a highly productive and excellent research program, with the potential to attract and obtain external funding, is required.
- Post-doctoral training and/or or faculty-level experience is preferred, but not required.
Candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Boys Town Career website: jobs.boystown.org
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.