Location: Cape Cod, Falmouth, MA
Ocean Acoustics Specialist
JPAnalytics, LLC (www.jpanalytics.com) is a dynamic small business defining the future in underwater acoustic communications and sensing. We have numerous ongoing and new research and development projects including the development of communications performance modeling and prediction techniques for complex ocean environments and applying the resulting techniques to the development and analysis of embedded underwater systems.
We have an immediate opening for an Ocean Acoustics Specialist with knowledge of numerical and statistical modeling of both ocean acoustics and ocean processes and signal processing and experience with writing complex programs in C++. U.S. Citizenship is required. Flexible work arrangements are possible.
The successful candidate will
- take ownership of the development and use of JPAnalytics’ ocean acoustics simulation environment,
- leverage on-going developments in the ocean acoustics community to enhance the capabilities of the system,
- create new hardware interface capabilities for the simulation environment, and
- take the lead in working with internal JPAnalytics system development projects and external clients with testing new systems
The experience and skills of this candidate must include
- expertise in ocean acoustic modeling and knowledge of the modeling of random ocean processes,
- hands-on programming experience in creating complex programs in C++.
- familiarity with Matlab at a level sufficient to write Matlab code and translate such code to C++ code, and
- functional knowledge of linear algebra and signal processing applications
These skills and experience are a plus
- knowledge of the Julia and Python programming languages,
- experience with COMSOL including the acoustics module, and
- knowledge of interfacing desktop computers to data acquisition hardware (analog input and output) hardware a plus
General requirements for the candidate are
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, and
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
JPAnalytics offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and is located on Cape Cod in Falmouth, Massachusetts. Flexible work arrangements are possible. Please submit applications or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include a cover letter containing applicant’s contact information and general background description, a detailed resume, a one-page description of a major acoustic modeling or software development project in which the applicant played a significant role including details about the applicant’s role, and the names and contact information of three references.
JPAnalytics is an equal opportunity employer.