ExxonMobil Technology and Engineering Co.
Location: Spring, TX
Location: ExxonMobil Technology and Engineering Company
22777 Springwoods Village Parkway
Spring, TX 77389
Discipline / Degree: Mechanical/ BS or MS
About this Role
As a Noise and Vibration Engineer at ExxonMobil Technology and Engineering Company (EMTEC), you will provide engineering consulting support and standards maintenance and development to a diverse set of global onshore and offshore petrochemical facilities and projects across all of our business value chains including traditional oil and gas as well as green energy, renewables, and carbon capture. EMTEC works with our business partners to design and implement innovative new technologies that provide a competitive advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical consulting support for engineered design and construction of noise control equipment, prediction of noise from multisource facilities, as well as troubleshooting existing noise issues.
- Technical consulting support to evaluate static equipment vibrations to determine integrity/fatigue life and provide recommendations to mitigate to acceptable criteria.
- Perform engineering design reviews and contractor surveillance in the noise and vibrations disciplines in support of global and regional projects.
- Assist in development and maintenance of company design guides, specifications, and standards for noise and vibrations.
- Participate in or lead Regional and Global technical trainings, networks, and action teams.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- S. (or higher) degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Acoustic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with noise and vibration.
- In depth knowledge of noise control in relation to design, application, and fabrication. Current with the latest noise control technologies.
- Experience in managing the facility noise design of multisource facilities and specifying requirements/mitigations to meet noise and vibration requirements.
- Experience solving complex vibration problems with practical solutions using analytical methods, measurement data, and good engineering judgement.
- Willing and able to travel domestically & internationally as required.
- Ability to process, summarize, and communicate technical results and findings.
- Communicate effectively and function in a team environment to gain alignment on best path forward.
Preferred Candidates May Have all or a Combination of the Following
- Professional experience within an operating company, major engineering contractor, consultant, or vendor (petrochemical or other heavy industry experience strongly desired).
- Proficiency in computer aided noise prediction programs (e.g. SoundPLAN, CadnaA, or Raynoise).
- Proficiency in computer aided linear dynamic analysis and eigen value assessments on piping and static equipment (e.g. Caesar II, Autopipe, ANSYS, ABAQUS, COMSOL, NASTRAN, or Solid works).
- Knowledge of noise and vibration measurement instrumentation including sound level meters, microphones, accelerometers, strain gauges, dynamic pressure sensors, and multichannel data acquisition systems for the measurement of strain, pressure, and vibrations.
- Understanding of ASME pressure vessel and piping codes including fatigue.
- Understanding of Industry standards related to noise measurement and characterization.