Location: Cambridge, MA
Noise and Vibration Consultant
Acentech, a multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual systems, IT and security system design seeks to hire a mid-level consultant to work on our Noise and Vibration team in Cambridge, MA. We’re building a diverse and inclusive workforce; be part of our growth!
In this hybrid position, you will have the opportunity for hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including science and technology, commercial, environmental, industrial, healthcare and education. You’ll conduct noise and vibration studies for a wide range of projects, prepare technical reports, represent Acentech at meetings with key clients, and support efforts to communicate study findings. The ideal candidate has:
- Experience working in a vibration/acoustics field.
- Degree in engineering or science, with coursework or specialization in vibration and/or acoustics.
- Consulting and project management experience.
- Familiarity with vibration/acoustics measurement instrumentation and related data processing and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Self-motivation. Ability to work both in teams and on your own on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Familiarity working within project budgets and timelines.
- Passion for their work and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel and conduct field work (sometimes on nights and weekends).
- Acentech’s consultants are enthusiastically involved in professional societies and industry associations (ASA, INCE, and others).
- Familiarity with MATLAB a plus, but not required.
Acentech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration control, audiovisual systems, telecommunications, and security system design, serving a diverse group of clients across the United States from our strategically located offices. With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer. We foster a highly collaborative environment of diverse talent, and encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, neurodivergent people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.