Location: Northern CA
To support our growth, we are seeking a Noise Analyst to contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The position is available for entry level candidates, or for professionals with 1-3 years of experience. An applicant for the Noise Analyst position will work with current ICF noise staff to conduct noise and vibration analyses for development and transportation projects in support of ICF’s northern California Region. A Noise Analyst at ICF will have the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, build their project management skills, interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
Our northern California offices provide environmental planning, transportation, and energy-related professional services to public and private clients throughout the state of California. The position is based out of our Sacramento, CA office but will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic. Once on-site work resumes, you may be required to work from one of our Northern CA offices in Sacramento, San Francisco or San Jose.
What you will do
• Assisting with data collection and impact analysis for noise and vibration projects
• Quantify construction, traffic, and operational (e.g., HVAC and emergency generator noise) noise levels and construction vibration levels using computer models and spreadsheets
• Assist senior noise staff with the creation of written noise technical reports for transportation, industrial, commercial development, and construction projects primarily under CEQA and NEPA.
• Lead noise and vibration impact analyses for land use development, infrastructure, and roadway projects, as appropriate.
• Research and interpret local noise ordinances and general plan policies to identify applicable thresholds for analyses in different jurisdictions
• Coordinate and conduct field work related to noise analyses for various types of projects with a variety of noise meters.
• Help prepare written Noise Study Reports (NSR) and Noise Abatement Decision Reports (NADR) consistent with the requirements of 23CFR772 and the Caltrans Traffic Noise Analysis Protocol.
• Solve quantitative and qualitative problems
• Interact effectively with other staff and stakeholders/clients.
What you need to have
• Bachelor’s Degree in acoustics, physics, engineering, environmental science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in noise analysis.
• Competency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Ability to conduct outdoor fieldwork, including lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative and work well independently and within a team.
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
• Must have a valid driver’s license, with willingness to travel locally for fieldwork and meetings, and occasional overnight travel as necessary.
• 0-3 years of experience preparing CEQA/NEPA analyses for any resource topics.
• 0-3 years of experience specifically preparing noise and vibration impact analyses pursuant to CEQA/NEPA preferred
• Experience with developing and maintaining project schedules.
• Strong quantitative and/or modeling skills a plus.
• Basic understanding of TNM, SoundPLAN, or similar noise modeling software.
• General understanding of NEPA and CEQA guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with project managers and senior noise and transportation staff.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.