Ecology and Environment, Inc.
Job Title: Marine Acoustician
Apply to: http://www.ene.com
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a full time Marine Acoustician. This position will be responsible for marine acoustic propagation modeling associated with take estimation and marine acoustic research. Our successful candidate will be proficient in several types of models including parabolic, normal, and/or ray tracing software. This is a national position that can work from any of the company’s domestic office locations.
- Conduct marine acoustic propagation modeling for stationary and mobile noise sources in varied oceanic environments and integrate with statutory requirements and associated regulations
- Assist with noise-related impact assessments and take estimation analyses for marine organisms
- Conduct and/or interpret marine noise monitoring, research, and analyses
- Support with report writing and preparation of environmental documentation/analyses and permit requests
- Master’s Degree in Oceanography, Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in modeling acoustic propagation of sound sources in marine environments
- Experience with evaluation of impacts of noise on marine organisms
- Experience with models including parabolic, normal, and/or ray tracing options; proficiency with RAM modeling code required
- Familiarity with NOAA Fisheries acoustic criteria for protected marine species, and the principles of underwater acoustics including attenuation, transmission loss, and methods to determine Zones of Influence
- Experience preparing environmental documents for submission to NOAA Fisheries, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Energy, or Bureau of Ocean Energy Management a plus
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Matlab
- Ability to travel to support business needs
- Experience working in Latin America and Spanish/Portuguese language skills a plus
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
Ecology and Environment, Inc
368 Pleasant View Dr
Lancaster, NY 14086