Location: San Diego, CA
RNS Acoustics is currently seeking a Junior Acoustical Consultant to support their San Diego office. Full time, part time and remote opportunities are available. A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors in Acoustics, Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Mathematics or similar field of study.
- Will also accept an associate’s degree in acoustical engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years of experience in acoustic consulting (preferred)
- Able to prepare technical reports for multi-faceted acoustic analysis and design.
- Strong skills in MS Word and MS Excel.
- 2D CAD experience (Experience reviewing, verifying and marking up architectural, electrical and mechanical plans)
- Solid mathematical fundamentals relating to acoustic calculations.
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation skills
- Familiarity with data acquisition and digital signal processing.
- Able to perform, or quickly acquire the skills to perform, all facets of acoustic measurements, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct STC, IIC, RT60 and vibration field measurements as well as CNEL and noise studies required by various cities.
- Analyzing transmission loss data, impact isolation data, reverberation time data and vibration data.
- Developing acoustically robust floor and wall assembly details.
- Create 2D construction drawings detailing recommendations.
- Create noise models for environmental analysis such as barrier, terrain and traffic noise.
- Site Verification visits to ensure proper installation of provided specifications
- Drafting proposals and providing qualification for potential projects.
- Interacting with clients and presenting reports/ recommendations in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Additional Skills (not required, but a plus)
- Draftsight, Autocad or similar
- Familiarity with acoustic measurements and reporting standards, including ASTM E1007, E336, E413, E989 and C423.
- Familiarity with various acoustic analysis software such as Insul, Ease, Mezzo, Dewesoft, Olive Tree Labs, REW, Soundplan, Cadnaa
- Familiarity with LEED Acoustic guidelines.
- Python/Matlab or other software development
- Some travel will be required. Frequency depends on client needs.
- Full-time, part-time, or remote positions available.
- Part-time and remote positions will be compensated hourly at a rate to be agreed upon with management.
- Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan as well as Paid Time Off and Holidays. The salary will be competitive and commensurate with the qualifications of the successful applicant.
RNS Acoustics is consulting firm based out of Southern California and was started in 2016. We offer acoustic and vibration solutions for everything from home studios to multi-million dollar facilities. Typical projects include industrial equipment vibration isolation, HVAC noise reduction, noise barrier design, amphitheater acoustic design, studio design and architectural acoustic design. We service clients all across the USA including the University of California San Diego, Rush Cycle Studios, Orange Theory Fitness, HP Inc, Northrup Grumman, Kirei USA, and Westcoat Specialty Systems. We are always looking for new challenges and opportunities.
At RNS we pride ourselves in our relaxed small business/entrepreneurial environment. As a relatively new company, each team member’s opinion is valued, and all viewpoints considered before major decisions are made. We offer flexible working hours, based on each individual’s needs, all we ask is that you meet your deadlines, communicate with the team, and maintain excellent relationships with our clients.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com