Newson Brown Acoustics, LLC
Location: Culver City, CA
Newson Brown Acoustics LLC is part of the RWDI Group of Companies. RWDI is a world leader in global climate and environmental engineering consulting, with 700+ employees in over 30 offices worldwide. For the last 50 years, the company has worked on some of the most iconic and defining projects globally.
Newson Brown Acoustics LLC has been in business for over twenty-five years. Consultants at our company provide a full range of acoustical consulting services including architectural acoustics, building services noise and vibration control, community and environmental acoustics and acoustical troubleshooting. The team supports a broad range of project types including television and movie studios, radio and recording studios, corporate headquarters, courts and other civic buildings, educational facilities, healthcare, residential, resorts and hotels, laboratories, libraries, museums, performing arts spaces, screening rooms, theaters, and worship spaces.
We are hiring a Junior Acoustical Consultant with 3+ years’ experience, to join the team in our Culver City, California office.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Reviewing architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings.
- Providing sound isolation and acoustical finish recommendations.
- Using software to predict mechanical noise levels and recommending appropriate noise control.
- Providing vibration isolation specifications for electrical, plumbing and elevator systems.
- Conducting environmental noise surveys of project sites and predicting exterior noise intrusion.
- Noise control of emergency generators and other outdoor equipment.
- Acoustical testing and troubleshooting.
- Vibration measurements.
- Analysis of noise and vibration data.
- Understanding of acoustics standards.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for information and product submittals during construction.
- Visiting construction sites to review progress and address concerns during construction.
- Preparation of technical reports and communicating with clients.
- Attending meetings to discuss and present reports.
- Effective time management to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (preferred) in acoustics, or a related subject.
- Ideal candidate will have 3-5 yrs acoustical experience
- Experience with TAP, CATT Acoustic, Auto CAD, Revit and EASERA.
- Experience with both Bruel and Kjaer and Larson Davis sound level meters and software.
- Knowledge of common architectural terms, structures, building systems and design practices.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and analyze architectural and technical drawings, specifications, and other related materials.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent writing, listening and verbal communications skills, with a strong commitment to learning.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment, interface effectively with management, and address multiple requests.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Proactive, conscientious, and flexible, with a strong work ethic.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Passion for acoustics, building/construction, and design.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- 15 Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays (7 statutory and 4 floaters)
- 401K Matching
- Group Benefits
- Fitness Allowance
- Learning Spending Account
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation at the following link:
Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Thank you in advance for your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.