Location: Chicago, IL
Company Overview |
Resonado Labs is an American multinational technology company that designs and licenses proprietary acoustic technologies to brands and manufacturers. The company’s initial pursuit, via its flagship product, Flat Core Speaker™ (FCS™) technology, is to develop speaker driver architecture that achieves optimal form and function, without compromise. FCS technology is a novel type of electrodynamic speaker driver engineered with a low depth structural profile and high diaphragm aspect ratio as an alternative to the conventional conical driver type to meet the rising demand for innovative, space-efficient product designs without experiencing tradeoffs in sound performance. Outside of FCS technology, Resonado Labs is developing numerous exciting technologies, currently confidential, across audio industry verticals with its Frontier R&D team. Learn more at resonado.com.
Job Description |
Resonado Labs’ Chicago headquarters is looking for a motivated and creative candidate with a passion for loudspeakers to join the company’s U.S. acoustic transducer engineering team. Candidates should be ready to take on new challenges by assuming a highly visible role in a small, yet ambitious organization and expect extensive collaboration across departments. Our company maintains a horizontal organizational culture with a strong emphasis on meritocracy. With transparent communication and open channels welcoming new ideas, Resonado Labs is an ideal environment for an experienced engineer looking to become an early member of a rapidly expanding company poised to bring a new wave of innovation to the audio industry.
- Conduct transducer and system acoustic testing (both objective and subjective methods) for internal FCS transducer and system prototypes and competitive transducer and system products utilizing Klippel R&D Equipment
- Owning Klippel R&D Equipment and other advanced audio testing equipment
- Maintaining and improving acoustic test equipment and designing needed fixtures and supplementary equipment to ensure high quality measurements
- Building in-depth and holistic database for competitive measurements
- Analyzing acoustic testing data with programs from Excel to MATLAB and preparing reports and documentation to assist internal development, sales/marketing, and product teams
- Becoming leading expert on acoustic measurements (SW & HW), subjective testing and tuning, and audio system architecture and prototyping
- Collaborating with customers from system engineering perspective to aid/ensure optimal system performance and configurations
- Design and build prototype acoustic systems, from initial system simulation, establishing system architecture, 3D design, electronics platform, fabrication, building, tuning, and testing
- Becoming expert on competitive transducer and loudspeaker market and Resonado Labs positioning with the FCS technology transducer architecture
- Passion for acoustics and improving how people experience sound
- Passion for creating cutting edge and innovative products
- Basic understanding of loudspeakers and transducer design
- Some experience with data analysis tools (such as Excel) and hardware and software product testing tools
- Some experience with CAD and 3D design
- Limited prior experience of 5 years or less
- Some experience with 3D printing and CNC milling
- Strong communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Must be qualified to work in the U.S. and have no restrictions for international travel
- Ability to commute to Resonado’s Chicago office in Streeterville on a daily basis
- Experience building loudspeakers systems and transducers
- Experience professionally testing and evaluating loudspeaker systems with tools such as Klippel, SoundCheck, and Audio Precision
- Knowledge of acoustic data and parameters such as Thiele/Small Parameters and simulation tools such as WinISD
- Substantial 3D design experience and prototyping fabrication experience with 3D printing and CNC milling
- Experienced in conceiving, writing, and publishing patents
- Self-driven engineer
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or or Korean is a strong plus
- Members of our engineering team have degrees in Acoustics or a similar field (mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, etc.), but if you have taken a different route to gain the required experience, that is acceptable
The applicant must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who is passionate about introducing large-scale innovation into the loudspeaker industry.
Resonado Labs evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.