RWDI is seeking an individual to join our Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team in Portland as an Intermediate or Senior Acoustical Consultant. The ideal candidate will have five to ten years of experience analyzing and resolving challenging client problems as an acoustician.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to extend RWDI’s existing acoustic practice to our local Portland office, supporting existing Acoustics projects in the area and business growth. The focus of RWDI’s work in the region is primarily on building design.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Using established acoustical expertise and knowledge of local codes to guide acoustical projects and support business growth in the Pacific Northwest
- Resolving challenging problems in consultation with local and international design‑oriented clients
- Conducting field measurements and inspections
- Collecting data, modeling, post-processing, analyzing, interpreting, and documenting results
- Consulting with clients and communicating complex technical materials in straight-forward language
- Working independently and collaborating within a team environment
- Writing technical project reports that present the methodology, results and recommendations
- Assisting with preparation of proposals, marketing materials and/or technical papers
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering or science disciplines
- Minimum five years of experience in an acoustical consulting environment, or equivalent, and as part of design teams
- PE is desirable, but not required
- Knowledge of physical acoustics and acoustical requirements for buildings (e.g., STC, NC ratings, speech intelligibility)
- Ability to interpret architectural/mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with acoustic instrumentation, data acquisition systems and digital signal processing
- Appreciation of consulting business practices and work environment
- Ability to deliver quality technical work with focus on project budgets and deliverable schedules
- Ability to provide mentorship and technical guidance to more junior staff
The Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team is a close-knit, social team where people love what they do. Our team works together across multiple offices to share knowledge and experience and to help meet project, client, and company requirements. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong collaboration, people, and teamwork skills as well as the ability to prioritize and complete work independently. Individuals within this high-performing team must manage their time carefully, and balance work for several ongoing projects simultaneously. Problem solving, ability to learn independently, and initiative-taking are key qualities that will contribute to personal success for individuals within the team.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at the following link:
Salary: Competitive pay based on experience.
Thank you in advance for your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.