MiTek Electronics & Communications
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Positions Available – Director of Acoustical Engineering – Phoenix, AZ
MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Director of Acoustical Engineering with a passion for audio to support our commercial and consumer divisions. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidates must also be self-motivated, able to multi-task, work efficiently, and effectively lead the Acoustical Teams.
The Director of Acoustical Engineering is responsible for overseeing the Acoustical Engineering functions in developing, releasing, and maintaining acoustical products according to MiTek business needs. The position establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality acoustical designs.
Looking for qualified candidates in the Phoenix, AZ market.
• Lead acoustical development team to develop, document, and maintain products.
• Participate actively in the acoustical development process to drive on-time release date commitments.
• Responsible for overall acoustical architecture.
• Assist acoustical development team in attaining optimal team performance by removing technical obstacles.
• Develop and manage Acoustical Engineering designs utilizing standard development tools.
• Work effectively with Product Managers and Project Managers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
• Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for the Acoustical Engineering team.
• Review all documents related to Product requirements and participate in product brainstorming sessions.
• Responsible to analyze, design, develop and support all acoustical products.
• Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building.
• Ensure the team’s adherence to the MiTek M7 development gate system.
• Build lean, technically strong, accountable, fearless, high-performing teams that can collaborate and challenge each other to produce the best outcome.
• Create, implement, and maintain a continuous improvement plan for acoustical development.
• Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
• Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development team.
• Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities, and personal development for all development staff in line with anticipated growth.
• Ensure proper maintenance and provisioning of the acoustical lab and equipment.
• Manage all Acoustical Engineering budget and resource allocation.
• Manage joint development with 3rd party vendors as well as outsourced development.
• Hire engineers and coordinate their training.
• Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary to achieve the objectives of the acoustical teams and MiTek goals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Acoustical Engineering or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or Master’s in Engineering
• 10+ years of experience in leading engineering teams, solving complex problems in enterprise offerings, analyzing challenges, and establishing strategies and processes for resolutions
• 10+ years of experience leading senior professionals, including managers and architects
• 10+ years of experience with commercial and/or pro audio products
• Experience with DSP (Digital Signal Processing) tuning preferred
• Experience with APQP development preferred
• Proficient with all MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
• Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD is a plus
• Proficient understanding of MLSSA, LEAP, LMS, EASRA, TEF, Audio Precision Software, and Klippel
• Ability to learn MiTek’s internal systems and other programs as needed
• Proficient experience of vibration theory, structural mechanics, and failure analysis of materials
• Proficient experience of materials used in audio manufacturing
• Willing to travel on a periodic basis internationally
• Extensive experience with acoustics, noise control, and acoustical modeling
• Requires advanced skill with hand-tool utilization including wrenches, screw drivers, drills and metal shears
• Proficient experience with calibrated measuring devices including vernier caliper, micrometers and electronic multimeters
• Excellent project management skills
• Comfortable with multiple, simultaneous responsibilities
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Normal office setting
To apply for our position, please visit our website Positions Available MiTek Corporation (mitekusa.com), select the Director of Acoustical Engineering position and Apply. Please include an updated resume. Applicants can also email an updated resume email@example.com.