Location: Columbia, Maryland
Scantek, Inc. is an industry leader in sound & vibration instrumentation sales, rental, support and calibration. Scantek serves as the North America representative for the world’s most recognized companies in sound & vibration instrumentation and software. The Scantek Calibration Laboratory is fully NVLAP-accredited for a multitude of sound & vibration instrumentation types. Leveraging on its depth of specialized technical skills and experience, Scantek offers training and consulting services.
Scantek is growing its business. We seek a Sales/Applications Engineer to join our Sales Team at our Columbia, Maryland office. The new engineer will coordinate with customers to establish requirements. He/she will then recommend solutions in the form of instrumentation, software, and training. An emphasis will be placed on the sound and vibration analyzers and transducers most appropriate to engineering-grade measurements.
- Serve Scantek customers by selling, renting, and supporting sound & vibration instrumentation.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the instruments Scantek sells and supports.
- Become familiar with the test standards that govern measurement for environmental noise control, building acoustics, material evaluation, and product qualification.
- Keep abreast of new instrument capabilities and provide recommendations to instrument manufacturers on emerging needs in the marketplace for new features and capabilities.
- Nurture relationships with customers in the market segments served by Scantek.
Candidates will have acquired an engineering degree or equivalent (mechanical or electrical; course work in acoustics and/or vibrations a plus) and accumulated 5+ years of experience in sound and/or vibration measurement. The ideal candidate can build a rapport with customers and possesses good communication skills. Knowledge of digital signal processing, wireless communication, acoustic transducers, and noise & vibration control is a benefit. Receiving an abundant amount of technical training on the instrumentation that Scantek markets and sells is fundamental to the position.
How to Apply
Please reply with a cover letter and copy of your resume to Steve Marshall (email address: [email protected], telephone: 410-290-7726).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.