Location: Southern California
Senior or Principal Acoustics Consultant-Southern California
We seek to hire an experienced acoustics consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group located in Southern California.
This senior-level position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. You will work alongside some of the best acoustical consultants in the country to provide excellent guidance to our clients – architects, engineers, building owners, arts organizations, and other user groups. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project management – from proposal writing to final construction and project closeout. Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies (ASA, INCE, and others), and support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
Experience and background well suited to this position include:
- 10+ years working for an acoustics consulting firm.
- Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
- Providing consulting related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types.
- Evaluating community and environmental noise.
- Reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Skill and interest in developing business, and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech.
- Passion for their work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
Additional experience that is beneficial (but not required to apply) includes:
- A working understanding of vibration isolation.
- Performing acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
- Familiarity with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD, and/or Revit.
- A Master’s degree in a field directly or closely related to architectural acoustics.
- Demonstrated leadership in the field, via speaking engagements, byline articles, blog posts, etc.
To Apply: https://www.acentech.com/open-position/senior-or-principal-acoustics-consultant/
Acentech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration control, audiovisual systems, telecommunications, and security system design, serving a diverse group of clients across the United States from our strategically located offices. With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We foster a highly collaborative environment and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech places a high value on a diverse workforce, and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, 11 paid holidays, 80 hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE)
Location: Billerica, MA
Sound & Vibration/Acoustical Engineer
Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE) (equal opportunity employer) is seeking an entry-level sound & vibration/acoustical engineer to join our team in Billerica, Massachusetts. NCE is a leading engineering consulting firm specializing in marine and industrial noise and vibration control. We take pride in creating unique solutions to difficult problems by developing and using advanced modeling and measurement approaches. Our engineers perform predictions and assessments of airborne noise, underwater noise, vibration, stress, and more. We assist a diverse range of clients to design and maintain safe and comfortable shipboard environments as well as understand and control the impacts of noise in the environment.
As an NCE engineer, you will join a talented team in a unique small business environment, combining your analytical skills with hands-on testing to develop quiet designs, perform diagnostics, and solve challenging problems
You will have opportunities to create computer models of noise, vibration, and stress using Statistical Energy Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, and other tools. Your knowledge of marine acoustics will be directly applied to assessing noise and vibration environments at sea. NCE encourages forward thinking and identification of new approaches to data collection and analysis. Travel is required throughout the United States and sometimes abroad.
Please visit our website (www.noise-control.com) to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at NCE.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and transcripts (both official and unofficial are accepted) to our applicant center for review.
Successful NCE Employees:
- Are eager to perform acoustical and vibration design assessments, mitigation strategy development, and testing on ships and other marine structures.
- Strive for Excellence.
- Demonstrate a mutual respect for coworkers in a culture of collaboration, integrity, and innovation.
- Are willing to take on our clients’ problems as our own, become the clients’ advocate, and cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and graphical communication
- Demonstrate a passion for noise and vibration control
- Are motivated to identify and pursue internal and external professional growth opportunities, including areas outside their specific discipline.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or other related field, preferably with coursework in acoustics and/or vibrations.
- 0-3 years of working experience, preferably with exposure to acoustics and/or marine structures.
- A basic (or better) understanding of sound and vibration in land-based or marine environments. (Many marine-specific aspects of the work will be taught on the job.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software packages.
- Experience with finite element analysis, MATLAB, Python, and/or other computational modeling tools or computer languages is a plus.
- Sound, vibration, and modal testing experience is preferred.
- Travel and fieldwork are required. Some project assignments may require a valid driver’s license, current passport, and/or TWIC card.
- NCE works on ITAR and classified projects. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen in order to comply with the requirements of these projects.
NCE offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit-sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan.
NCE is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NCE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit the following items to our applicant center in order to be considered for the position –
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (either official or unofficial will be accepted)
Applicants missing any documentation will not be considered.