Acoustical Society of America
Reporting to the Senior Managing Editor (SME) of Acoustical Society of America (ASA) Publications, this role manages all of the financial and business operations of the ASA Publications Office. This position is an administrator to the Editor-in-Chief (EIC), Journal Editors, and Publications Staff, assists with project organization, and handles the budget and all accounts for the Publications Office.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage and ensure accurate and timely formulation and reporting of the Publications Office yearly budget, working with the SME and EIC of ASA Publications.
• Act as Financial Liaison, including with publisher AIP Publishing and ASA Headquarters.
• In partnership with EIC and SME, help develop financial strategy, goals, and initiatives (eg, potential new products and revenue sources) for the Publications Office that align with and support the ASA Strategic Plan.
• Manage and steward ASA Books, including contracts and agreements, copyright, and financials, and act as the liaison for EIC, ASA Books Committee, ASA Headquarters, and publishers.
• Manage, negotiate, and organize contracts and service agreements with contractors, vendors, and service providers, and keep abreast of contract renewals.
• Act as liaison with ASA Finance Committee, and other Meeting Committees as needed.
• Handle all payments, reimbursements, invoices, and staff purchases for the Publications Office.
• Mail contributor copies of publications.
• Handle yearly data cleaning of people databases of editorial submission systems.
• Help produce the ASA Publications podcast, including selecting articles, drafting interview questions, interviewing authors, and editing episodes.
• Work with other ASA Publications staff on marketing, advertising and social media initiatives and serve as backup for handling ASA Publications social media accounts.
This is a full-time remote position. Must reside in the United States.
Travel, approximately up to 10% time, required.
• Bachelors Degree in business administration or equivalent training
• Two or more years of experience in business administration required
• Experience managing budgets and marketing material required
• Previous publications experience desirable
• Must have excellent communication and leadership skills
• Proficiency in Excel and Word
Acoustical Society of America
Established in 1929, ASA’s purpose is to generate, disseminate, and promote the knowledge and practical applications of acoustics. The Society has 7,000 national and international members and 14 technical committees covering the following acoustical specializations: Acoustical Oceanography, Animal Bioacoustics, Architectural Acoustics, Biomedical Acoustics, Computational Acoustics, Engineering Acoustics, Musical Acoustics, Noise, Physical Acoustics, Psychological and Physiological Acoustics, Signal Processing in Acoustics, Speech Communication, Structural Acoustics and Vibration, and Underwater Acoustics.