Location: Remote position
Waveguide LLC is an independent AV, IT and acoustics consulting and design firm committed to providing superior service and comprehensive designs for our clients in a dynamic, collaborative, team environment. Our technology expertise includes audiovisual systems consulting and design, voice and data communications infrastructure, communication-friendly acoustic environments, and ongoing AV operations services. We work together as a team to create strategic technology plans, efficient building and infrastructure designs, and effective technology system solutions to drive the success of our clients’ organizations. The projects we work on result in exciting environments and technology systems that support the way people live and work.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening as an associate acoustic consultant. Remote / home-based work is anticipated as the primary workplace with up to 20% travel to project sites, project meetings or other corporate gatherings. In this acoustics consulting role, you will work with a highly respected, multidisciplinary team on some of the firm’s premier educational, commercial, and institutional building projects. Your primary role will be to assist the firm’sacoustic consultants in executing and supporting individual projects. You may also be expected to represent Waveguide at client meetings.
- Read and analyze architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings.
- Conduct acoustical measurements including environmental, background noise level, reverberation time and sound isolation measurements..
- Noise and vibration analysis and recommendations for building systems..
- Architectural acoustic analysis and recommendations for a wide range of building types..
- Write and convey technical information in written reports in a clear, concise manner so that the design team can easily implement the recommendations..
- Pursue ongoing professional growth and development of technical skills..
- Assist and contribute to the Waveguide community..
- Four-year or higher degree in a relevant technical field (degree in engineering or science with a specialization in vibration and/or acoustics).
- 1 to 3 years of professional acoustical consulting experience.
- Experience with acoustic instrumentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity of educational, commercial, and institutional building design and construction.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all MS Office applications and Bluebeam Revu.
Submit application Apply Here.