Location: Falmouth, Massachusetts
Where Data, Theory, and Analysis Create Innovative Solutions
Adaptive Signal Processing Engineer
JPAnalytics, LLC is a dynamic small business developing and defining the future in underwater acoustic communications and array processing. We work both alone and with technology development and system integration partners to develop underwater acoustic array processing and acoustic communications algorithms and systems for very challenging applications and environments. We offer an exciting environment with the opportunity to take on a leadership role in and contribute to multiple facets of important projects.
An opening exists for an experienced Engineer with expertise in the development, analysis and implementation of adaptive signal processing algorithms. Given the small business environment, the candidate should be able to contribute to the company in multiple technical areas as well as be willing take on some limited administrative duties.
Specific technical responsibilities include:
- Develop and analyze the performance of underwater acoustic communications techniques for the modulation, coding, detection, demodulation and decoding of signals and data.
- Develop and analyze the performance of advanced passive sonar detection algorithms.
- Use acoustic and signal processing models and simulations as well as field data to investigate and optimize algorithm and sensor configurations.
- Work with both partners and customers to integrate JPAnalytics algorithms, chips and boards into functioning systems.
- Participate in the field testing and demonstration of system components as well as full systems.
Required Experience Includes:
- Experience with adaptive signal processing algorithms – development, analysis and implementation on real-time systems.
- Experience in the fields of linear algebra and stochastic processes and their use in algorithm implementation and performance analysis.
- Experience using simulation environments to evaluate algorithm performance.
- Experience with development and implementation of conventional DSP algorithms .
- Masters or PhD degree (EE, Math or related discipline)
- 5 years professional experience.
Required Skills Include:
- Capable of independent project leadership
- Fluent in Matlab
- The ability to get and maintain a U.S. DOD Security Clearance is required.
- The ability and willingness to do field work is required.
- Some familiarity with digital communications algorithms including error correction coding.
- Data acquisition hardware development experience is a plus.
JPAnalytics offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and is located on Cape Cod in Falmouth, Massachusetts. Flexible work arrangements are possible. Please submit applications or inquiries to email@example.com.
Applications should include a cover letter containing applicant’s contact information and general background description, a detailed resume, a one page description of a major signal processing project in which the applicant played a significant role including details about the applicant’s role, and the names and contact information of three references.
JPAnalytics is an equal opportunity employer.