Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
SLR is a leading global consulting firm. Our teams provide consulting and advisory services to various sectors including oil & gas, industry, built environment, federal government, mining & minerals, power, and infrastructure.
Why join SLR?
SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages. Our “One Team” culture is the foundation on which our company is built. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal and professional growth, come shape your ambitions with SLR.
Position Title: Acoustics Engineer
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
We have an exciting opportunity for an Acoustics Engineer to join us in the Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team. You would be based in the Guelph, ON office and work closely with our senior team across Canada. You should have a passion for building and architectural acoustics engineering. As a self-starter, you will be able to display confidence and high-level project management, tender/proposal preparation, reporting as well as supervise and direct all levels of projects. You would provide technical advice, overall management of projects and business development as well as strategic execution on land quality and remediation projects. Some travel may be required but the main focus is development of services to SLR’s Ontario offices.
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a key leadership role in an organization that is growing and diversifying, then this could be the role for you.
- Acoustics, noise and vibration assessments on challenging and stimulating projects encompassing:
- Building acoustics: examples include new and retrofit construction for institutional, health care, commercial, educational, recreational facilities for architectural acoustics, building service noise control, environmental noise control, and vibration-sensitive applications
- Building vibration: examples include design of floors for vibration from occupant activity (footfalls), vehicle-induced vibrations, building services, design for sensitive medical and research equipment
- Conducting field measurements in challenging environments, throughout the year
- Working to streamline and standardize data collection and analysis
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports
- Coordination of projects to maintain schedule and budgets
- Leading the development of new models and applications related to acoustics, noise and vibration
- Establishing effective QA/QC procedures.
- Two to five years of experience in acoustics and/or vibration consulting (co-op and internship experience considered)
- Working understanding of the fundamentals and approaches used to measure, predict and evaluate building acoustics, noise and vibration
- Proficient in reading design drawings, site plans, and office suite software (CadnaA, CATT, Odeon, or EASE, SAP 2000, Visual Basic, Matlab, Microsoft Office Suite considered an asset)
- Demonstrated current environmental acoustics, noise and vibration skill set
- Established current working knowledge of provincial, local and industry specific regulations and guidelines
- Excellent technical writing and solid client presentation skills
- Successful track record in proposal development and response to requests for proposals, expression of interests
- Direct acoustics and/or vibration consulting experience is mandatory
- Financial acumen/business understanding is crucial
- Engineering, physical science or related environmental science degree. Master’s degree preferred
- Professional status in Ontario, credentials in other provinces an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel (some short-term travel is expected)
- Accountable, reliable, hardworking and committed to succeed
- Highly organized, and innovative
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Passion for the field of building acoustics
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online at SLR Careers:
We thank all those who apply; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SLR is an equal opportunities employer. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, or to learn more about this opportunity, please contact our HR team at email@example.com