All Pro Integrated Systems
Location: Pensacola, FL
Job Title: Acoustics Designer
Class: Regular, Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Operations Department
All Pro Integrated Systems is an audiovisual integration company. Please view some of our projects at www.allprosystems.com.
The Acoustics Designer is responsible for the design, quoting, administration and occasional on-site commissioning for acoustics projects. The Acoustics Designer will conduct on-site measurements, prepare subsequent reports, provide technical input, recommend technical alternatives, and develop cost estimates. The Acoustics Designer works closely with the sales team and project manager to ensure the project design meets all client expectations relating to the project timeline and budgetary parameters. The Acoustics Designer also has the responsibility to oversee the commissioning and post-construction testing of projects where those services are required. The Acoustics Designer must maintain a comprehensive knowledge of applicable products, best practices, design calculations, standard construction pricing and modeling to effectively develop technical solutions and conceptual design specifications for prospective customers.
Overnight travel is required on an infrequent basis but can vary based on workload demands.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interface with prospects and clients to clarify intent and/or review project documentation
- Complete project designs based on client requirements, desires and budgets
- Meet with sales staff to discuss client needs and review completed designs
- Complete acoustic analysis reports, project scopes and acoustics drawings
- Oversee the ordering of material
- Communicate progress with Project Manager and Salesperson throughout the project’s life
- Participate in periodic site visits and walk-throughs as required and issue subsequent documentation on design issues or construction punch list items.
- Create and/or respond to RFI’s in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with Project Manager on specific needs for acoustics commissioning
- Participate in commissioning in coordination with the Project Manager when necessary
- Attend final walk-thru with Project Manager, Customer and/or Salesperson when requested
- Complete administrative tasks, such as credit card reconciliations, travel booking, etc.
- Execute all construction completion reports to measure progress and final close out of job
- Responsible for ongoing training, continuing education to keep current with available solutions, technical advancement and design trends
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Knowledge of acoustic products, best practices, calculations, and typical construction pricing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to plan, organize and implement to ensure projects are completed by a specific date
- Basic skill level in AutoCAD LT and Blue Beam
- Experience and proficiency with acoustic modeling software
- The ability to create, read and effectively interpret general business documents
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Valid and current driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- The Designer shall possess a bachelor’s degree and 3 years industry experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully perform the essential job duties of this position. The Acoustics Designer should possess knowledge of customer relations and communications, project management, and job costing
Physical demands and work environment:
Employee will be required to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, climb, use hands and fingers, reach, lift and push with hands and arms. Employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
This job description does not list all the duties of this position; others duties of a similar nature and level may be assigned. The management of All Pro reserves the right to revise this document at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please apply on our company career page, www.allprosystems.com/careers.
All Pro is a drug free workplace, a pre-employment drug screen is required along with a background check. All Pro participates in E-Verify.