All Pro Integrated Systems
Location: Pensacola, Florida/Remote
Job Title: Acoustics Designer
Class: Regular, Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Systems Design Manager
All Pro Integrated Systems is an audiovisual integration company. Please view some of our projects at www.allprosystems.com.
The Acoustics Designer is responsible for the design, quoting, administration and occasional on-site commissioning for acoustics projects. The Acoustics Designer will conduct on-site acoustic measurements and coordinate acquisition and rental of necessary tools to do so, prepare necessary reports, provide technical input, suggest technical alternatives, and develop cost estimates as possible, work closely with the Salesperson and the Project Manager to ensure the project design meets client expectations and that project deadlines and budget parameters are met. The Acoustics Designer also has the responsibility to oversee the commissioning and post-construction testing of projects where those services are requested. The Acoustics Designer must maintain a comprehensive knowledge of acoustic products, best practices, calculations, standard construction pricing and modeling to develop technical solutions and conceptual design specifications that meet customer requirements.
Travel will be occasionally required. Working remotely from a home office is acceptable.
Essential Job Duties:
- Meet with sales staff to discuss client needs and review completed designs.
- Attend occasional programming, design review, and site walk-through meetings with sales staff or Project Managers.
- Complete project designs based on client requirements, desires, and budgets.
- Complete acoustic analysis reports, project scopes and acoustics drawings.
- Interface with clients to clarify intent and/or review project documentation for sign-off.
- Oversee the ordering of material.
- Communicate progress of project with Project Manager and Salesperson throughout the life of the project.
- Participate in periodic site visits and walk-throughs as required and issue subsequent documentation on design issues or construction punchlist items.
- Create and/or respond to RFIs in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with Project Manager on all project specific needs for acoustics commissioning.
- Participate in project commissioning in coordination with the Project Manager when necessary.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to confirm Commissioning Schedule and dates/times.
- Attend final walk-thru with Project Manager, Customer and/or Salesperson.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as credit card reconciliations, travel booking, etc.
- Complete any close out documents as necessary in coordination with Project Manager.
- Responsible for ongoing training and continuing education to keep current with available solutions, technical information and design trends.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by Systems Design Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Knowledge of acoustic products, best practices, calculations, and typical construction pricing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to plan, organize and implement to ensure projects are completed by a specific date
- Basic skill level in AutoCAD LT or hand drafting
- Experience with acoustic modeling software
- The ability to create, read and effectively interpret general business documents
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Valid and current driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
- The Designer shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years industry experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully perform the essential job duties of this position. The Acoustics Designer should possess knowledge of customer relations and communications, project management, and job costing.
Physical demands and work environment:
Employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, climb, use hands and fingers, reach, lift and push with hands and arms. Employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
This job description does not list all the duties of this position; others duties of a similar nature and level may be assigned. The management of All Pro reserves the right to revise this document at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment. Requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please apply on our company career page, www.allprosystems.com/careers.
All Pro is a drug free workplace, a pre-employment drug screen is required along with a background check. All Pro participates in E-Verify.