Location: San Francisco CA
Coffman Engineers has been making a positive impact in the communities where we work for over 39 years. Our unique cultural balance of challenging projects and lively staff engagement has set us apart as a leading multi-discipline consulting engineering firm across the US. We are seeking a highly motivated Acoustical Engineer/Consultant to join our growing team of professionals in the Bay Area!
The ideal candidate will have work history that includes performing consulting services for external and internal clients utilizing acoustical engineering technical skills. This opportunity is for the candidate who can work well as a team player in a new acoustical group.
- Bachelors in a technical field related to Acoustics (Acoustical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, etc.)
- Higher Degree such as Masters or Ph.D (preferred, but not required)
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Acoustical Engineering or Acoustical Consulting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and developing solutions to noise and vibration control problems
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary engineering design team to incorporate design and detailing appropriate for acoustical purposes as the project evolves
- Acoustical modeling, analysis, and testing
- Drafting reports, letters, and other documents summarizing results and recommendations
- Project schedule and budget management
Please Answer the Following:
- Discuss your background or knowledge of sound propagation:
- Discuss your knowledge of sound absorption vs sound transmission of room finishes:
- Discuss the effect a room can have on sound:
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. Our Bay Area office is conveniently located near Lake Merritt and just three blocks from 20th Street BART. Whether it is delivering the best possible service to our clients, or competing in an office-wide curling competition, we welcome the dedicated and the driven. Join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance:
- 490 employees in 14 offices located in 8 states and 1 territory
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus fire protection, corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #212 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2018
- #12 Best Firms to Work For – Multi-Discipline, Zweig Group, 2018
- #30 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2018
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to create a user profile that allows you to manage the application process, answer a few questions, attach your resume and other documents, and then submit. We look forward to learning more about you! If you are accessing this from outside our website, go to http://www.coffman.com/home/careers/openings/oakland-openings/ and open the appropriate position posting.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn’t work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.
Coffman Engineers will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history.