Location: Denver, CO
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Acoustical Engineer for our Mechanical Engineering Practice in Denver, CO. In this role, you will work both independently and as part of a team on projects in areas such as noise and vibration control, architectural acoustics, hearing, signal processing, shock and vibration, and environmental noise. Your duties will include performing research and analytical analyses, conducting measurements in the field or laboratory, preparing reports, interacting with clients, and supporting other engineers and scientists from a wide array of disciplines. This is an entry-level position with limited experience of 5 years or less.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicating effectively with other engineers and technicians, managers, clients, and administrative personnel
- Planning and conducting field inspections and laboratory tests
- Analyzing data, performing calculations, and building models
- Preparing presentations and reports
- Drafting proposals, interacting with clients, and presenting information in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Leading projects and assisting the other practice groups within Exponent on as-needed basis
- Supporting senior staff in business development, recruiting, and training
- Growing in the key aspects of consulting, including technical expertise and effective spoken and written communications, to develop a consulting practice serving clients both within and outside the firm
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with thesis, coursework, and/or project experience in acoustics
- Proficiency in a specialty of acoustics such as underwater sound, psychoacoustics, ultrasonics, bioacoustics, shock and vibration, electroacoustics, fluid-structure interaction, numerical modeling, etc.
- Experience with instrumentation such as microphones, hydrophones, loudspeakers, accelerometers, impact hammers, shakers, and data acquisition systems
- Ability to perform, or quickly acquire the skills to perform, all necessary aspects of acoustic measurements, analyses, and reporting
- Ability to work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Potential for technical and project managerial leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal and related industries
- Desire to solve problems, work around roadblocks or setbacks, and contribute positively wherever asked
Applicants are not expected to meet all qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to write a cover letter explaining the depth and breadth of their experience and interest in consulting.
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.
Applicants can apply by visiting: