The Greenbusch Group
Location: Seattle, Washington
The Greenbusch Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting firm based in the Interbay neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Acoustical Department is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Acoustician to support a wide variety of interesting projects. This position would be based in Seattle, Washington offices, with a hybrid work model.
The Greenbusch Acoustical Department provides the following services:
• Environmental noise and vibration (industrial, construction, etc.).
• HVAC noise and vibration (building systems, noise code compliance, etc.).
• Building acoustics (sound isolation, reverberation control, etc.).
• Test and measurement (environmental noise, building acoustics, vibration, etc.).
At a minimum, the Acoustician would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
• Review building plans and analyze acoustical characteristics such as reverberation, sound isolation, HVAC system noise and vibration, structure borne sound transfer, etc.
• Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria and coordinate with the design team.
• Develop design narratives and coordination memoranda, as required, to support the design process.
• Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments using modeling software and manual calculations.
• Conduct short-term and long-term acoustical measurements.
• Lift 50 pounds and be able to transport measurement equipment to and from measurement sites.
• Two years of experience as a consulting acoustician
o Acoustics-specific education can count towards this experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for quality customer service.
• Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet deadlines.
• Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
• Electronic submission of a resume and transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.