Location: Milford, CT
SH Acoustics is seeking an entry-level acoustical consultant with 0-2 years of experience for a design and project management role in our Milford, CT headquarters. SHA is an internationally recognized acoustic and audio consulting firm specializing in museum & exhibit-based spaces, luxury residential, and a variety of commercial/institutional projects.
The successful candidate should have an undergraduate degree in acoustical engineering or a related field. Excellent written/oral communication, self-motivation, project management and presentation skills are essential. Candidate must possess strong computer experience including: AutoCAD, MS Office, EASE, etc. Background in audio systems design is preferable. An interest in live music and consumer audio is desirable. Opportunities for growth with the firm are strong.
Responsibilities will include:
- Room acoustic analysis and modeling of a wide variety of spaces.
- Preparation of acoustical treatment layouts.
- Sound isolation and noise control analysis, calculations and design documentation
- Preparation of recommendations memos, reports and other documentation
- Project management and coordination.
- Attendance at design meetings and site inspections.
- In-lab and in-field acoustic and audio measurements
- Acoustic optimization of high-end private theaters, multimedia exhibits and performance-based systems.
SH Acoustics LLC is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to: