Location: Philadelphia, PA (Remote)
Noise Acoustics Vibration business sector as a Consultant/ Technical Director. We are looking to fill this position in our Philadelphia office or this can be worked remote with occasional travel to Philadelphia as needed.
The successful candidate will have at least ten years of experience analyzing and resolving challenging client problems as an acoustician.
The role will include (but is not limited to):
- Expand our business in the US with a focus in building acoustics and vibration
- Support and drive marketing initiatives of this client service line in and around the northeastern states
- Assist to develop and sustain a competitive advantage for the business unit’s services, positioning the unit against rivals; anticipating changes in demand and technologies, then adjusting strategy to accommodate them; and influencing the nature of competition through strategic actions.
- Provide technical leadership on a variety of concurrent projects, ensuring all work is completed on time and on budget; deal with escalated issues as they arise and determine next steps
- Guide others on effective acoustic measurements, with the occasional requirement to do site visits
- Positively promote the company in all dealings with clients and staff
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to more junior staff
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- A degree in engineering or science program with a focus on noise, acoustics and vibration
- 10+ years of experience with consulting with an established client base
- Knowledge of physical acoustics and acoustical requirements for buildings (e.g., STC, NC ratings, speech intelligibility)
- Ability to interpret architectural/mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with acoustic instrumentation, data acquisition systems and digital signal processing
- Appreciation of consulting business practices and work environment
- Ability to deliver quality technical work with focus on project budgets and deliverable schedules
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients
The Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team is a close-knit, social team where people love what they do. Team members work independently on a daily basis to contribute to the success of the team’s work. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong collaboration, people, and teamwork skills as well ability to prioritize and complete work independently. Individuals within this high-performing team must manage their time carefully, and balance
work for several ongoing projects simultaneously. Problem solving, ability to learn independently, and initiative-taking are key qualities that will contribute to personal success individuals within the team.
Position Title: Senior Acoustical Consultant
FSLA Code: Salaried, exempt
Reports to: Director, Acoustics
Please apply by submitting your resume to email@example.com