Multiple Locations in the U.S.
Acoustical Consultant – Architectural Acoustics
Los Angeles or Irvine, CA | Phoenix, AZ | Washington, DC | Atlanta, GA | Raleigh – Durham, NC | Washington, DC | St. Louis, MO
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a leading provider of compliance, technology, and engineering consulting solutions. As part of the technology group (formerly The Sextant Group), services include planning and design in a wide range of specialty areas including: audiovisual, IT/telecommunications, building security, technical lighting, healthcare technologies, and architectural acoustics/noise vibration.
We play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide and are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Acoustical Consultant will act as a team member in NV5’s architectural acoustics practice. That team is a close-knit group of dynamic, hard-working, and well-qualified acousticians who seek to deliver best-in-class solutions to our clients using state of the art tools, a healthy appetite for technical exploration, and a commitment to excellent client communications.
The position will require the candidate to act as the primary acoustical consultant on a variety of national and regional projects including classrooms, lecture halls, healthcare facilities, courthouses, industrial plants, auditoriums, theatres, media production facilities, and broadcast studios. The consultant must develop, present, and manage solutions related to room acoustics, sound isolation, mechanical system noise and vibration control, and environmental acoustics. As necessary, the consultant will create CAD drawings, prepare reports, use acoustic modeling software, and perform on-site acoustic testing to support their design work. The position requires the candidate to actively participate in several concurrent projects while efficiently delivering accurate, thorough, and high-quality work to our clients.
• Contribute to the project design team, bringing a creative, collaborative, evidence-based approach to architectural acoustics
• Collaborate with architectural team members and clients
• Develop high-quality architectural acoustics reports, drawings, details, cost analyses, and specification documents
• Analyze acoustic solutions using computer modeling software
• Review submittals and shop drawings
• Perform onsite acoustics testing and noise surveys
• Perform onsite inspections to review the implementation of a project’s acoustical solutions
• Attend project meetings, site visits, and perform onsite acoustic testing
• Ensure that all work is completed on-time, in-budget, and consistently within NV5’s high standards of quality
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• A healthy appetite for technical exploration and professional development
• Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience (10+ preferred) as a consultant in architectural acoustics or a related field
• Bachelor’s degree in acoustics, audio/music engineering, mechanical engineering, architectural engineering, or physics including relevant classes or a degree concentration in acoustics or vibration is required. Master’s degree preferred.
• INCE Board Certification preferred
• Expertise in a broad range of acoustical disciplines, including room acoustics, sound isolation, mechanical system noise and vibration control, and environmental acoustics
• Excellent attention to detail
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Values that include integrity, responsibility, and accountability
• Works equally well as an individual contributor or team member
• Maintains a professional and positive attitude in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure environment
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & Outlook
• Experience with Revit / BIM, AutoCAD, BlueBeam, Sketch-Up, Ease, and CadnaA desirable but not required
• LEED certification is desirable but not required
All candidates must be driven to satisfy the needs of end users and have the ability to deliver high caliber results in a timely manner while operating without direct supervision. Some overnight travel may be required. On occasion, it may be necessary to participate in off-hours acoustic testing, as needed to support our design services.
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Greg Coudriet – Principal Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls, please.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.