ABD Engineering & Design
Loation: Portland, OR
Working under the supervision of the Senior Consultant, the Acoustical Consultant is responsible for designing and engineering acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise.
The Acoustical Consultant will work independently as well as collaboratively with staff to learn the fundamentals of solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, corporate, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your cover letter and resume to:
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation’s leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
- Two to five years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Experience with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
- Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
- Aware of sustainable design principles – preferably LEED AP certification.
- Experience in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
- Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to relocate to our office in Portland, Oregon