Shen Milsom & Wilke
Location: San Francisco, CA
Join Our Acoustics Team
Shen Milsom & Wilke is seeking a talented Acoustical Consultant for our San Francisco, CA office. This Consultant (you!) will work on a diverse range of high-profile projects by conducting field measurements, creating acoustical computer models, and consulting on solutions to optimize acoustical performance and mitigate unwanted noise and vibration.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge in acoustical engineering with a thorough understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics. The candidate must possess an understanding of sound and vibration test equipment and the ability to measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration from interior and exterior sources. You will be responsible for field noise and vibration measurements, data analysis, and evaluation. Design capabilities in numerous vertical markets, including education, healthcare, government, commercial, and hospitality, is a must.
Project management experience to include multi-discipline coordination in an architectural design environment is a plus. Essential quality and experience include maintaining and continuing to build on a strong heritage of client service and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acoustical Design: Provide acoustical consulting in architectural & mechanical acoustics, systems & environmental noise control and vibration isolation projects.
- Collect and analyze noise and vibration data. Perform calculations and site surveys/construction administration.
- Review design documents and make recommendations to meet project acoustical criteria
- Prepare reports, memorandums to communicate acoustical project issues.
- Development and design of project drawings in AutoCAD/BIM, EASE and Sound Plan.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various disciplines to facilitate and increase in overall knowledge of the SM&W business.
- Up to 5-10% domestic and international travel may be required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Acoustics, Physics, Architecture or other related engineering degree.
- INCE certification a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Architectural drawings, specifications and technology.
- Proficient in most recent version of AutoCAD, BIM, EASE and Sound Plan preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft Suite.
- Entry-level position with 5 years or less work experience
Work life balance with Opportunities to Learn and Grow:
At SM&W, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life and are committed to helping our team grow their careers. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- A generous Paid Time Off Program
- Training and professional development programs and incentives
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
To apply or for further information, please contact: