Newcomb & Boyd
Location: Atlanta, GA
Associate or Senior Associate Acoustician, Atlanta, GA (5+ years)
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an Acoustical Consultant for a mid to senior-level position.
For more than 95 years, we have been designing innovative systems that bring buildings to life. Our projects positively impact society, from research labs to cure infectious and chronic diseases to smart classrooms to inspire today’s scholars and tomorrow’s leaders. We are known for our sustainable and intelligent approach to design as we develop award-winning solutions for Fortune 500 companies, top healthcare systems, and leading universities.
At Newcomb & Boyd, we value the highest technical competencies, a “team-first” mentality, excellent communication skills, and a self-driven work ethic. We offer ample opportunities for professional growth, as evidenced by industry-low turnover.
• Gather and analyze acoustical data including field measurements of reverberation time, sound transmission, impact isolation, vibration, and mechanical noise.
• Design for Architectural Acoustics, Sound Isolation, Equipment Noise and Vibration Control, Environmental Acoustics, Industrial Noise Control, Forensic Site Investigation, and Computer Modeling and Auralization.
• Coordinate with other disciplines both in-house and out-of-house, including architectural, interior design, audio visual, MEP and structural.
• Prepare drawings, sketches, and reports to document findings and convey recommendations
• Project management and client coordination.
• Lead and direct technical staff and consultants.
• Educate and share expertise with team members.
• Available for travel (10-20%).
• Participate in the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) or Institute of Noise Control Engineers (INCE) is encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, INSUL, AIM or VA Design, and modeling software including EASE or ODEON.
• Prioritizes effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
• Ability to listen and demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or a related field. Course work with a focus in architectural acoustics or noise control is preferred.
• Master’s Degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics or other discipline with a coursework focus on architectural acoustics and noise control preferred.
• Experience with REVIT or SoundPlan preferred.
• Experience and expertise in structural vibration measurement, design, and control preferred.
• Membership in ASA and INCE preferred.
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to acoustical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the design of MEP systems with the integration of additional services including commissioning, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
Newcomb & Boyd is a firm member of the National Council of Acoustical Consultants (NCAC).
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Interested parties should reach out to:
Liz M. Albanese, Personnel