Location: Costa Mesa, CA
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
The Acoustical Technician will engage in research and development activities related to the acoustic design of professional audio products. This includes, but is not limited to, acoustical labs and equipment maintenance as well as performing acoustical tests and measurements. The Acoustical Technician will work under the supervision of the most senior team members.
- Maintain the acoustical labs and equipment
- Perform acoustic tests and measurements
- Produce test jigs using standard shop tools and equipment
- Develop and document test setups and fixtures
- 5 years of experience in an R&D lab environment
- Associate’s degree is preferred
- Experience with audio test equipment (e.g. Audio Precision)
- Excellent troubleshooting and failure analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent soldering skills
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Experience with test setup, protocol execution, and reporting
- Ability to understand BOMs, drawings and specifications
- Good communication skills, including reporting of technical information
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic work environment
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Passion for the music/audio industry is a plus
Please mention ASA (Acoustical Society of America) when applying and click here: