Location: Tempe, AZ
Acoustic Engineer November 10, 2021
Techlite® Acoustics located in Tempe, Arizona is seeking an Acoustic Engineer to join for full time employment. Responsibilities include all technical aspects of Techlite® Acoustics. Candidate will be responsible for product design, job costing, materials and production methods. The engineer will interact with Sales, Production, and customers to understand and establish the requirements of the project. In addition, the engineer will handle technical specifications for raw materials and manufactured products. The Acoustic Engineer will take a lead role on assigned projects for conducting noise impact assessments and developing cost-effective noise mitigation designs.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science in Acoustic or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in engineering design, noise modeling/analysis and acoustic simulation packages.
- Experience with acoustic modeling software.
- Experienced in field noise surveys and measurements.
- Experienced in on-site noise troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop professional noise models and present analysis results internally and to clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide a focal point for noise analysis on assigned proposals and projects and play an advisory role to in the development of Sound Plan or Noise Control Plan.
- Primary focus is noise modeling to assure compliance with project requirements and local and international regulations.
- Secondary focus is acoustically induced analysis and recommendations to address identified problem areas.
- Working knowledge of noise modeling software or similar software tools.
- Ability to be proactive to collect relevant and necessary information to perform the primary and secondary focus roles.
- Provide field support by conducting noise or vibration measurements and/or providing supervision for customers when needed to assure compliance or resolve field problems.
- Presenting and demonstrating product capability to customers.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of development in noise analysis methods and processes.
- Participate in Trade Show expositions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee operates in an open multi-occupied office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, the employee may be exposed to airborne particulates, moving mechanical parts and vibrations on the production floor. The noise level can be loud at times.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role is partially a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stepladder as necessary during their shift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The position involves sitting, talking, and hearing, climbing stairs, and walking throughout the 8-10 hour shift.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. This individual will also be responsible for all other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager or Executive Management.
We’re a subsidiary of The Zippertubing Co., a privately held, family-owned company for more than 150 years. Visit: https://www.techlite.com
Benefits include, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spend, 401K with a match, paid vacation/sick time, and paid life/AD&D insurance.
Zippertubing® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Zippertubing® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Zippertubing® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Zippertubing® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Zippertubing® encourages applicants of all ages.
Zippertubing® uses E-Verify.
Criminal background check (Preferred)
US Work authorization (Preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: 65K-80K annual salary.
Information about the job can be found at: