Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA
The Acoustic Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing high-performance loudspeakers components and systems. The role is highly technical, and requires someone who can develop and deliver results to complex and demanding acoustic problems using modern techniques and methods.
Typical responsibilities include design of audio and/or acoustic components, design, development and test of crossover networks and/or enclosures, design and integration of horns/waveguides, acoustic test and validation, and component specification.
The successful candidate will work closely with members of one or more cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, electrical and/amplifier engineers, test engineers, supply chain staff, and NPI engineers. The role requires someone who is self-motivated and possesses excellent communication and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work effectively in small teams, in addition to requiring excellent acoustic engineering skills.
- Develop and conduct analysis of audio/acoustic components and systems
- Design and implement loudspeakers, enclosures, and associated system hardware
- Build, measure, and evaluate prototypes to demonstrate acoustic designs
- Identify opportunities for improving acoustic designs and infrastructures
- Participate and work effectively in cross-functional product development teams
- Drive internal QSC development effort as well as ODM where required
- Participate in new technologies research and development
- B.S. degree in Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. M.S. preferred.
- 3-5 years or equivalent experience in loudspeaker systems design and development
- Passion for sound quality, music and the audio industry is a plus
- Solid understanding of acoustics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience performing multiphysics analysis with FEA simulation such as COMSOL
- Experience with at least on scientific scripting language such as Matlab
- Knowledge of at least one acoustical data measurements system such as SoundCheck
- Knowledge of the Klippel measurement system is a plus
- Excellent critical listening skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic and fast paced product development environment
- Solid English written, verbal and technical language proficiency
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas up to 10% of the time, to China as well as other locations
Please apply at https://qsccareers-qsc.icims.com/jobs/1952/acoustic-engineer/job and reference the Acoustical Society of America when applying.